Add description box/buttons for some features

squishey123

I think it would be helpful if next to the features in the tools and settings windows if there was a small 'info' button next to it so if you ckicked it a small box would pop up describing what this feature does and what each setting of the feature would do compared to the others and a recomended setting for genral use of the computer. :) I took screenshots of the anti-virsu software i use 'norton' because its where i got the idea from. in the first picture you can see they have a little '?' button and when you click it the window in the second picture pops up explaining anything someone would want or need to know about that specific feature. post-63214-0-44793400-1345824251_thumb.jpgpost-63214-0-22433500-1345824252_thumb.jpg Thanks for taking the time to read the post and i hope this gets put in for the next patch :D

• 3 weeks later...

List,

First, let me say thank you for this amazing tool, Anyhow, about three weeks ago, Gizmo's Freeware finally convinced me that I should try CCleaner.

I'm a retired mainframe programmer (c.1965-1999). Actually, I built a few Windows applications for public kiosks for citizens to access property tax and other public information during the last few years.

@squishey123, @Andivari,

IMHO it's a good idea to have mouse-over tool-tips or ccontext menu (right click) access to helpful information. Each software has its own idiosyncrasies and more powerful tools like CCleaner usually have more than their share. This help is especially helpful to people like me who want to learn the intricacies and add our programs to winapp2.ini.

I downloaded the third-party winapp2.ini file. I was pleased to see that all of the parameter sets were Default=False. One parameter set at a time, I've been Analyzing them through the context menu and deciding which ones to activate. I use my text editor when I want to see the parameters, both winapp2.ini and embedded parameters which I've exported .

We need all the mountain climbing gear we can get to help us ascend these steeper slopes. It would be particularly helpful for us if the ini parameters, both embedded and winapp2.ini, were available via the contect menu.

Thanks again for CCleaner. Regards,

John, Wizened Web Wizard Wannabe

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." — Albert Einstein

Yes, or perhaps add a "view rules" checkbox to the context menu would be able to display the rules together with the results.

John

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." — Albert Einstein

• Moderators

Perhaps a context menu entry called "view rules," or something, that outputs the entry you've clicked on in the results window.

+1 easier than /export plus it gives you only the rules you use

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Along these same lines:

After running Analyze & seeing results in the right pane, I would like to:

1) click/right-click/etc a detailed result item and have the app highlight the applicable setting/item/rule in the left pane

2) click/right-click/etc an item/rule and have the app highlight all of the applicable result items in the right pane

And/or perhaps ...

For each detailed result item, include column(s) denoting the applicable setting/item/rule

Thanks to whomever is listening.

• Moderators

not the same thing at all please next time start your ow thread

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com