Version 2.10.413 Boot Time Defrag Issue

When trying to click a boot time Defrag Option (Run Once/Everytime) I encounter this:

n6wlw.png

Tried:

Running it as Admin

Running the install as Admin

Doing a clean install of Defraggler

I'm getting it in both Windows 7 and xp

The devs do read these threads guys, and can I ask if this is a 64bit related problem as you don't all mention what you're running?

Opps. I thought I put it in my first post

Both XP and Win7 are running 32bit

I tried saving settings to INI and enabling boot time defrag from that. The settings stay saved (until I tried clicking a boot defrag option then it reset back to 0) but it still won't preform a boot defrag.

Using http://www.piriform....gglers-ini-file as a guide

Tried both for NativeMode=

Boot Time defrag run mode

0 = disable

1 = run once

2 = run everytime

Also getting the Run as Admin popup after updating defraggler on a 3rd pc which has Win7 pro 32bit

edit: attached log

I confirm this issue after installing 2.40.

I did run the application as admin and then I re-installed defraggler running the installer as admin. The same behaviour.

I guess, the next release in June will fix this bug with the defrag (pagefile.sys and other files) at boot that cannot be selected in the settings men?.

thanks.

• Moderators

Super Fast can you post a separate bug report about the icon issue only in a new thread please to make it easier for the devs to spot it as this thread is about a different issue and a fix is already in the pipeline for it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

When trying to click a boot time Defrag Option (Run Once/Everytime) I encounter this:

n6wlw.png

Tried:

Running it as Admin

Running the install as Admin

Doing a clean install of Defraggler

I'm getting it in both Windows 7 and xp

Same error here. Run with admin privileges.

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Windows Security Center

User Account Control (UAC) Enabled

Notify level 2 - Default

Firewall Enabled

i have exactly the same problem.ive now uninstalled the program.ive gone back to using the windows in built tool.

Not to pile on, and I know things happen, but I have done the same thing. I just can't help but wonder if something so obvious was missed in development, then what else was missed too. To be honest, I've lost a bit of confidence in Defraggler.

Trying to reinstall DF .391, had issues...!-

http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=36014

Win 7 (x86), ESET Smart Security v8, Zemana Anti-Logger free and no other active anti-malware.
Free on-demand- Old/fast MBAM v1.75 (No Pro/Context!), MBAM Anti-Rootkit BETA, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, herdProtect.
i5-2500 CPU @ 3.67GHz, WD VelociRaptor sata6 10k rpm/64mb Cache HD (WOW!).

Unfortunately, I have to report that 2.10.413 has this issue on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Any sort of timeline for the fix?

Also, why is the disabled boot-time defrag a dealbreaker for some of you? I honestly have no problem with it being disabled temporarily, though I feel Defraggler is much better than even Windows 7s default defragger. I know for sure it's better than the defragmentation tool that came with Windows XP.

• Moderators
why is the disabled boot-time defrag a dealbreaker for some of you?

because, sadly, for some people software must be perfect and always work without any bugs ever, else they throw their hands up and say "i'll never use this"

that said, I agree that this should not be a "deal breaker" especially since this only is occuring on a single version and has already been slated for fix in the upcoming version.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com