CCleaner interfering with Microsoft Security Essentials

Teagan

For the maybe 3 to 4 months CCleaner has been interfering with the status of my Microsoft Security

Essentials. When i run CCleaner and then reboot/re-start my computer, the status of Microsoft Security

Essentials changes to "Potentially unprotected" approximately 3 - 5 minutes after re-starting my computer

. . . i've never had this problem before and it seems to have started back three versions of CCleaner ago ??

Is this something that could be looked into, and/or maybe tweaking CCleaner, preventing this from happening ???

10gk58n.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi 'nodles' thanks for replying...

No i don't think i have and/or i'm using 'Winapp2.ini' ..though the file name does look familar, it might have been called 'Winapp1.ini' ..or something like that. What is it, what does it do ? :huh: ( pls. explain in simple form )

...as for the link 'http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=34509' ..seems like i'm not the only one.

Just untick MS AntiMalware under CCleaner applications then the MSE scan logs won't get cleaned.

Hi 'hazelnut' thanks for replying..

Your username just made me think of "nutella" ( http://Nutella - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) :ph34r: lol

...anyway. So i'll try your suggestion (i should have known that) ..so what is 'MS Security Client' ?? :unsure:

2i76zi8.jpg

• Moderators

Microsoft Security Client ("MS Security Client") is also a part of Microsoft Security Essentials.

You need to untick both of these so that Microsoft Security Essentials is not cleaned by CCleaner anymore:

* MS AntiMalware

* MS Security Client

Piriform need to have it turned off by default, change the naming of it, and put in a warning section so people know it's going to mess with Microsoft Security Essentials because people have been posting about it causing problems for too long now.

• 3 months later...