CCleaner will not cleane Chrome's Internet cache

• Moderators

Are you using Chrome Print or Chrome Sync?

These (and a few other addons) keep a Chrome instance running even if you are not currently browsing.

Check the Processes tab of Task Manager and see if there are any Chrome.exe or plugincontainer instances (besure to have "show processes for all users" checked off on task Manager)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Are you using Chrome Print or Chrome Sync?

These (and a few other addons) keep a Chrome instance running even if you are not currently browsing.

Check the Processes tab of Task Manager and see if there are any Chrome.exe or plugincontainer instances (besure to have "show processes for all users" checked off on task Manager)

Thank you. I was having the same issue and brain farted when it came to having Chrome Print and Chrome Sync running. Thanks for the reminder.

CCleaner ended up removing another 800+ MB of junk files because of Google's internet cache that was being skipped for the last couple weeks.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue, plus my laptop has lately been booting up, but none of the icons work and I have to do a restart. When I do, a dialog says do you want to force Chrome to close? It wasn't open. I checked processes as advised above and there are 10 chrome.exe processes running but no sync or print that I can find. Chrome seems corrupted, maybe I should just uninstall and reinstall.

Any suggestions? This seems to be happening every time I cold boot up now

thanks for help

CCleaner ended up removing another 800+ MB of junk files because of Google's internet cache that was being skipped for the last couple weeks.

400 MB per week is an awful lot of Adverts that Google was serving you :rolleyes:

• Moderators
10 chrome.exe processes running but no sync or print that I can find. 

usually caused by a badly written add-on. Kill all ten occurrences and chrome will clean.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 year later...