Wrong temperature reading?

jacgodl

Hello,

I have just built a workstation on Asus P8B WS motherboard, with Intel chipset C206 and Xeon E3-1280 processor.

Not only does not Speccy recognize Xeon (says Core i7), but reports temperatures significantly different to those detected by utility provided with motherboard. See attached screen capture.

post-56427-0-38129000-1313432696_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Also here

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Previously posted on another thread.....

I installed Speccy 1.13.276 on my new system with a BiostarTA75M motherboard, XP3 32 bit,. It is a wonderful tool but the temperature readings for CPU, System, and Video are in the 30s and 40s F which of course is impossible. The Cpu fan speed shows 13 rpm and that is way wrong. The 12V and 5V readings are also wrong. These readings are OK in BIOS. I would really like to have these features working in Speccy.

Update

I just updated to Speccy 1.14.288 and it is no better, maybe worse. Temperature readings are way below ambient, fan speed is way below actual.

Speccy 1.13.276 reports wrong information about my hard disks (ATA instead of SATA - RPM/buffer size wrong) while Defraggler seems to get it right?

I'm on an older system Win7 64-bit, GA-M56S-S3 (Socket M2) with nForce 560 chipset. Four SATA drives are connected to the 4 SATA ports.

Remark re Defraggler info under Health tab:

- on older drives (SATA150 & SATA-300) buffer size is always reported (while showing up incorrectly in Speccy)

- rotation speed shows 'unsupported' on all drives (while showing up incorrectly in Speccy)

- on my new drive neither (SATA-600) rotation speed nor buffer size is supported.

I haven't yet checked what the BIOS says during boot...

Edit: sorry should have posted this under new threas.

• 3 months later...