Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

Made this immediately after reading a post by Hazelnut:

http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=38597

Which reminds me I stumbled across this key recently with a load of reg entries for old Flash player versions: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\DiagnosedApplications

Dunno if it's worth an entry or not, or if anyone even has that many old Flash entries to be worth a winapp2 entry (the only real info I could find about that reg key was HERE, old Flash entries should certainly be safe to remove, other entries probably not, or at least unnecessary)

added RegKey3

these two Keys look like they can be added to most 8 apps

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\ "APP ID" \SearchHistory

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\ "APP ID" \PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

RegKey3 not needed, I have tried to get this key created by using the search within the adobe reader app but it does not appear like it does when I search bing weather

Something tells me that a search from within the adobe reader app is nothing but a regular file search, not a custom "tied in" search like the other bing apps have

Added RegKey2 to [Windows Photos*]

(Need to sort through still there might be a couple that do not need the MRU. I jumped the gun hitting post before I was ready)

[Microsoft Reader*]

see http://forum.pirifor...100#entry234438

[Windows Photos*]

Section=Windows 8 Apps

DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Temp|*.*

FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\PRICache|*.*

FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

Edited by Coffee4Joe

RegKey3 not needed, I have tried to get this key created by using the search within the adobe reader app but it does not appear like it does when I search bing weather

Something tells me that a search from within the adobe reader app is nothing but a regular file search, not a custom "tied in" search like the other bing apps have

K, thanks

@Coffee4Joe you are doing it aggain with RegKey2 and the bing apps. Not all apps are the same, you are not checking to see if the apps even creates/uses this key...This MostRecentlyUsed key is created by apps that can browse & open files and keep a list of recently opened

I reckon none of the apps you posted do this, only one that it could apply to (but it does not) is the skydrive app. But I found these similar keys from adobe reader do apply to skydrive

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.MicrosoftSkyDrive\DefaultOpenContainerSingle|LastLocation
HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.MicrosoftSkyDrive\DefaultOpenFileMultiple|LastLocation

Moddified RegKey1 (removed SearchHistory because its not created and replaced with MRU and last location cleaning)

[Microsoft Reader*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Reader_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Reader_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\Microsoft.Reader_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.Reader\DefaultOpenFileSingle|LastLocation
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Reader_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\ManagedByApp

Here is the adobe reader app aggain just in case

[Adobe Reader*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\LocalState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedPickerData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga!App\DefaultOpenFileSingle|LastLocation
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

Edit:

Moddified (added 2 last open location regkeys)

[skyDrive App*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.MicrosoftSkyDrive\DefaultOpenContainerSingle|LastLocation
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.MicrosoftSkyDrive\DefaultOpenFileMultiple|LastLocation
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

I suggest some one goes thru the Win8 apps to double check for any redundant regkeys

@Coffee4Joe you are doing it aggain with RegKey2 and the bing apps. Not all apps are the same, you are not checking to see if the apps even creates/uses this key...This MostRecentlyUsed key is created by apps that can browse & open files and keep a list of recently opened

I reckon none of the apps you posted do this, only one that it could apply to (but it does not) is the skydrive app. But I found these similar keys from adobe reader do apply to skydrive

I had copy/pasted my app list and hit post before i was finnished, the ones there should be the correct ones.

edit: so I thought, my first edit didn't seem to save. now it should be correct

I suggest some one goes thru the Win8 apps to double check for any redundant regkeys

2nded, don't winapp2 with a cold. I'm backing afk now

Adobe Reader and Microsoft Reader both save a MRU list and they use different keys...another reason to not add that to all bing apps

Adobe Reader MRU

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

Microsoft Reader MRU

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Reader_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\ManagedByApp

Made this immediately after reading a post by Hazelnut:

http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=38597

Removed due to being a destructive cleaner.

Edit:

Renamed it to "User Assist History (More)*" since the one in CCleaner under advanced named "User Assist History" only cleans four unique keys in there - not all of them.

FWIW this wiped out my start menu on win7 (the pinned applications and the user assist history)

Edited by Andavari
Removed the destructive cleaner quote.

It doesn't bother me personally since I don't use the start menu much (all of my most used programs are keyed to line commands, anything else I just search for in the start menu) but I think it'll definitely bother people that rely on the menu. Warning needed.

Probably something like

Warning=This will also reset your start menu and remove any pinned applications.

It doesn't bother me personally since I don't use the start menu much (all of my most used programs are keyed to line commands, anything else I just search for in the start menu) but I think it'll definitely bother people that rely on the menu. Warning needed.

Probably something like

Warning=This will also reset your start menu and remove any pinned applications.

It wouldn't bother me but the start menu wipe out seemed permanent, I couldn't get it to repopulate (had a reg backup so wasn't a major issue to fix)

Adobe Reader and Microsoft Reader both save a MRU list and they use different keys...another reason to not add that to all bing apps

Sorry about this, when I read Adobe Reader I kept assuming Microsoft Reader. And thinking it was like the default locations the others used it threw me off

Narrowed down to [Windows Photos*] as using the *PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

[user Assist History (More)*]

Nothing from start screen or task bar removed in 8 for me

• Moderators

Warning needed.

I edited that cleaner and put in the warning. Note that on my WinXP system it didn't do anything destructive to the Start Menu.

Sorry if this caused any of you grief. Hence the reason some things need extensive testing on more than one OS. That website article needed updated info that it could cause issues in newer OSes.

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators

Mine seems to be repopulating after a reboot.

Mine only re-populated after I manually re-made that UserAssist key, followed by a reboot.

Also the only two I have are what I had before the removal although those two that I have are removed by CCleaner's Advanced->User Assist History.

Edit:

CCleaner only removes the "Count" portion, not the whole key!!!

Edited by Andavari

Added RegKey2 to [Windows Photos*]

(Need to sort through still there might be a couple that do not need the MRU. I jumped the gun hitting post before I was ready)

[Microsoft Reader*]

see http://forum.pirifor...100#entry234438

[Windows Photos*]

Section=Windows 8 Apps

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*

FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Temp|*.*

FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

I think we should have all the lines/paths in alphabetical order. It looks more professional.

For Example:

[Windows Photos*]
Section=Windows 8 Apps
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowsphotos_*\AC\Temp|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowsphotos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

Initially I considered having a universal windows 8 key, but then I wondered if that would be overly agressive (not to mention slow - look at the Steam DirectX installer key on a machine with lots of games installed) and figured individual keys may be the better option.

I think it is good to have one universal entry for all the Windows 8 Apps because they're already hundreds of apps for Windows 8. If we add all the Windows 8 Apps separately, it will be too much for Winapp2.ini to handle.

so what does this do exactly?

will it clean all the **** websites leave on my computer?

i need to be fully anonymous, like if I clean my pc and log in with another user - there must be no way the website could tell it's the same pc. can this ini do this? i have seen sneaky flash cookies not being clean by cc before unless i told it exactly what folder they are in. but i don't want to do that, because i don't know all the folder in windows where every other software places its files.

thanks