DetectFile=%SystemDrive%\Config.msi

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Config.msi|*.*|REMOVESELF

[LastGood.tmp Folder*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectFile=%WinDir%\LastGood.tmp

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\LastGood.tmp|*.*|REMOVESELF

My preference is to leave these 2 entries as they currently are now.  If they are changed as shown above, then it could mean that the Config.msi and/or the LastGoog.tmp folders would go undetected for many days if the user "trimmed" the Winapp2.ini file on the last update and these 2 folders were nonexistent at the time of the "trim".  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

New Entries

[Ashampoo Snap 9 (AutoSave)*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 9
Default=False
FileKey1=%Pictures%\Ashampoo Snap 9\_SNAPDOC|*.*

[Ashampoo Snap 9*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 9
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 9|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 9|_NLogMsg.txt

My preference is to leave these 2 entries as they currently are now.  If they are changed as shown above, then it could mean that the Config.msi and/or the LastGoog.tmp folders would go undetected for many days if the user "trimmed" the Winapp2.ini file on the last update and these 2 folders were nonexistent at the time of the "trim".  

LastGood.tmp directory gets created ONLY on XP and Vista whenever there is an issue with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet. Sometimes, I don't get you logic.

New Entry

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

[bITS Logs*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entry

Added: .txt into FileKey1 & FileKey2

[session Manager*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\AppCompat\Programs|*.txt;*.xml
FileKey2=%WinDir%\AppCompat\Programs\Install|*.txt;*.xml
RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager|PendingFileRenameOperations
RegKey2=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|AppCompatCache
RegKey3=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|CacheMainSdb
RegKey4=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|SdbTime

New Entry

http://winaero.com/blog/how-the-windows-8-task-manager-calculates-startup-impact-of-apps/

[WDI Logs*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows

Default=False

FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\WDI\{*}|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\WDI\LogFiles\StartupInfo|*.*|RECURSE

Those files aren't specific to Win8 task manager startup tab (as the link suggests) as they are present on my Win7 system (which doesn't have that function). Have you got any reference to their safe deletion, Google is not being very helpful.

Those files aren't specific to Win8 task manager startup tab (as the link suggests) as they are present on my Win7 system (which doesn't have that function). Have you got any reference to their safe deletion, Google is not being very helpful.

I'll see if I can find some more information on it. Try opening the files in the locations with Notepad and see for yourself. Even when some programs are removed from the system, their traces stay in these files. After removing the files from these locations, needed files get re-populated. I have removed these files on a Windows 10 64-bit system, no issues whatsoever.

@Winapp2.ini, I have spent lots of time to make/correct the entries that I provided here since you updated the file last time. Can I send all of them in a .txt file so you won't miss them in the next update?

New Entry

[Leawo Prof. Media*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Leawo Software\SoftwarePassport\Leawo Prof. Media
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Leawo Prof\cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\Burn\MenuTemplate\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\Burn|*.log
FileKey4=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\CrashReport|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\Download\Thumbnails|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\Download\WebCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\Download\WebFiles|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\Download|*.dat;*.db;*log;*.xml
FileKey9=%AppData%\Leawo\Prof. Media\Log|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entries

[Leawo Video Converter*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%AppData%\Leawo\Video Converter
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Video Converter\cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Leawo\Video Converter\CrashReport|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Leawo\Video Converter|*.log

Added FileKey1 & FileKey2

[Leawo Video Converter Pro*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%AppData%\Leawo\Video Converter Pro
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Video Converter Pro\cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Leawo\Video Converter Pro\CrashReport|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Leawo\Video Converter Pro|*.log

Changed the name from [Video Converter Pro*] to [Leawo Video Converter Pro*]
Added FileKey1 & FileKey2

@Winapp2.ini, I have spent lots of time to make/correct the entries that I provided here since you updated the file last time. Can I send all of them in a .txt file so you won't miss them in the next update?

Do you think he would be mad if one of us put Winapp2 on Github for him? That way, all the entries would be there and be much less chance of him missing future entries.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Do you think he would be mad if one of us put Winapp2 on Github for him? That way, all the entries would be there and be much less chance of him missing future entries.

I don't know about him, but some of the admins here will get upset on this suggestion. I know they have insulted you previously when you asked when this file would be updated. The exact same thing happened to me a while ago. Some of the admins here are like dictators.You remember when he said that Winapp2.ini will be updated twice a month. Now, it isn't even updated ONCE a month.

I don't know about him, but some of the admins here will get upset on this suggestion. I know they have insulted you previously when you asked when this file would be updated. The exact same thing happened to me a while ago. Some of the admins here are like dictators.You remember when he said that Winapp2.ini will be updated twice a month. Now, it isn't even updated ONCE a month.

Trust me, it's not only the admins that get fed up with people getting pi**y about the file not being updated. It's something that is done by winapp, on a voluntary basis, fitted around school and real life commitments, nothing to do with Piriform and with nothing in return for his time and effort. So when people start whining at the lack of an update it's a pretty crappy way of showing your 'gratitude' for said time and effort. ESPECIALLY as all the entries are HERE, if you're that desperate for any of them, copy them from here to your winapp2 file yourself :rolleyes:

Well, since Piriform doesn't own Winapp2, they can't really do anything about it if someone did. Why do you think they would be against this, though?

Trust me, it's not only the admins that get fed up with people getting pi**y about the file not being updated. It's something that is done by winapp, on a voluntary basis, fitted around school and real life commitments, nothing to do with Piriform and with nothing in return for his time and effort. So when people start whining at the lack of an update it's a pretty crappy way of showing your 'gratitude' for said time and effort. ESPECIALLY as all the entries are HERE, if you're that desperate for any of them, copy them from here to your winapp2 file yourself :rolleyes:

That is kind of why I offered to put it on GitHub for him. So he has some help with all this and show our appreciation to him.

Of course if I were to do such a thing, I will still give full credit to Winapp2 for his years of dedication.

I would suggest just leaving the situation as it is.  I only speak for myself, not the Piriform people. 

When Winapp has time to make changes, he will, and we will be grateful for the update. 

The pressure of school endeavors is enough, there should be no additional pressure on Winapp.

Talk of ownership, and what could be done if push came to shove, is an unpleasant direction to take.  It could have negative consequences for Winapp himself, and for the winapp2.ini project which has been so helpful to so many for so long.  And no, I am NOT going to outline the many possible negative consequences.  

There are however a few issues related to plain old good manners, such as:

If I was an artist, I would not want my work shown publicly by anyone except me. 

If I was an author, I would not want each draft of my work exposed unless I decided it was ready. 

If I was a software developer, I would want to be the one who decides if or when it gets released, or posted, or whatever. 

But the bigger issue, imho, is that the work (the .ini file) is already publicly available, for free, here on this forum and other places. 

It is built for use with an application called CCleaner, also free. 

If CCleaner users decide to use the winapp2.ini file, they can get it here.  I bet 99.99 percent already know that. 

So just leave it alone.  Winapp2.ini himself has already decided where it belongs. 

Edit:  Winapp may come along and blow my philosophical maundering completely out of the water by saying "Sure, post it wherever you like", but that should be his choice.  :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

First of all, the credit goes to people like me who take their time and effort to correct/make entries. Then, the credit goes to the person who put all of the work together and published the file here for other people to benefit from. Why do we talk about updating this file? Sometimes, people do not know how to modify the previous Winapp2.ini file and add new entries. I'm sick of this attitude, I would like to separate myself from this project from now on.

Aaahhh, well. 

I didn't mean to disparage any of the efforts of the many contributors to this thread. 

I only meant to address the question of whether to put the .ini file on github. 

On that issue I have to stand.  It's Winapp's project.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I would suggest just leaving the situation as it is.  I only speak for myself, not the Piriform people. 

When Winapp has time to make changes, he will, and we will be grateful for the update. 

The pressure of school endeavors is enough, there should be no additional pressure on Winapp.

Talk of ownership, and what could be done if push came to shove, is an unpleasant direction to take.  It could have negative consequences for Winapp himself, and for the winapp2.ini project which has been so helpful to so many for so long.  And no, I am NOT going to outline the many possible negative consequences.  

There are however a few issues related to plain old good manners, such as:

If I was an artist, I would not want my work shown publicly by anyone except me. 

If I was an author, I would not want each draft of my work exposed unless I decided it was ready. 

If I was a software developer, I would want to be the one who decides if or when it gets released, or posted, or whatever. 

But the bigger issue, imho, is that the work (the .ini file) is already publicly available, for free, here on this forum and other places. 

It is built for use with an application called CCleaner, also free. 

If CCleaner users decide to use the winapp2.ini file, they can get it here.  I bet 99.99 percent already know that. 

So just leave it alone.  Winapp2.ini himself has already decided where it belongs. 

Edit:  Winapp may come along and blow my philosophical maundering completely out of the water by saying "Sure, post it wherever you like", but that should be his choice.  :)

But that is the thing. If he did throw it on GitHub, it would take a lot of the pressure off for him. What he has to do now is add all the entries in manually, but if he put it on GitHub, all he would have to do is click a button and it is done already.

What you should also realize is that Winapp2 is not just for CCleaner anymore. There are 3 other cleaners that use Winapp2. I always see entries get removed because they were added to CCleaner, which isn't fair for the other cleaners as they lose some cleaning ability then.

Smalik is also right that it isn't just Winapp himself that makes this all happen. We all have been contributing entries to Winapp2 for years now. 1 person wouldn't have made all this happen by himself. A little appreciation towards people who have been contributing their time to make entries wouldn't hurt once in a while.