Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

even the file at winapp2.com still says 5.09 ......  ???

Yes, does appear that the posted Winapp2.ini file is still last month's 5.09 version. :(

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators

My counter to that point is that some of those are ones people might wish to clean without cleaning the rest of the "more" categories (e.g. unsaved files, help cache, building blocks)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Modified Entries to Include MS Office 2016

[MS Office Customization Tool*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\12.0
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\14.0
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\15.0
Detect4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\16.0
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\12.0\RecentFileList
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\14.0\RecentFileList
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\15.0\RecentFileList
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OfficeCustomizeWizard\16.0\RecentFileList

[MS Office Help Cache*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0
Detect4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft Help|*.*

[MS Office Picture Manager More*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\OIS|Toolbars.dat

[MS Office Saved CEIP Data*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\UProof|*.bin;*.XML

[MS Office Unsaved Files*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles|*.*

[MS Office Word More*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word\Reading Locations
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word\Recent Templates
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Word\Reading Locations
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Word\Recent Templates
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Word|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%Documents%|~*.doc|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%AppData%\Microsoft\Word\listgal.dat
ExcludeKey2=PATH|%AppData%\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Hi, this is a work.

After this you need as community to maintain it.

Extra websites to add:

[Moderated websites out. Please inform nergal if they return]

This all will be kind of winapp3.ini for bad guys. Hope you add it.

And Intel logs under C:/Intel/logs

Doesn't get deleted anymore. Hope all cleans out. Bye bye.

• Moderators

Actually you'd rename it winsys2.ini and I'm not sure I understand the website removal, this isn't what ccleaner does.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Don't forget to rename winsys.ini.txt to winsys.ini

Appreciate the enthusiasm but appears to be multiple issues. Your winapp file adds tranlated file locations, I don't believe this is necessary. Plus it seems you've arrived at these items by simply searching by file extension, not all .log and .tmp files are necessarily safe to delete.

And not sure the purpose of your winsys file, or its list of recommended software (not what an ini file is for), and its list of entries which in your own words are too dangerous or not understood. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your reason for posting it.

You understood wrong and the reason behind this is my own hasty kind of writing all to the end. I had problems this day, whatever :

1.) Websites to add are the Software websites, where you download the software and make entries for them. I had no time to add all the rest to the file list today. Add them @Hazelnut... You are good at it.

2.)Winsys2.ini is the new Winapp3.ini for bad guys. This will have some entries, which most users can use for saving space and performance (not indexing) resulting in saving money and stress. But some entries might be in the new Winapp2.ini later...

3.) Winsys2.ini is a complete compressed work of five years in this forum. It has Q&A section, live-better with good software section and all entries, which are dangerous or beta or removed due to reason. And files, which have not been categorized and tips.

As for CCleaner devs :@Mrt

How about _fastcall method, when searching for entries, this would be about 2 time faster in finding files. Saving winapp2.ini in the cpu registry in L1 Cache, you don't need to scan the full HD.

For example : We have 50 Firefox entries, but it will scan 50 times, if Firefox exists on the HD. Instead you could save that in the registry, which will create a temporary list of all files. So you don't need so much IO operations and it would be fast. If someone doesn't belive, then copy and paste 2000 times the same entry into your custom winapp2.ini file. It will take about a minute still, even if, this entry is the same.

Input->HDD->Okay/Not okay->Input->HD->Okay/Not okay...(current method of handling this)

Input->HDD->Okay/Not Okay->Input->Check RAM or L1 Cache, if this has been scanned ->Okay /not okay (faster method of doing this.)

And cleaning infile support would be a standard with "[""]" symbols to delete a string from one point to another.

Adding this isn't do much of a thing really... Infile cleaning is supported by old X-Cleaner...

No one wants to clean manually Vlc, IrfanView, Ultra edit, and much more popular software. Really this is basic, write the code one time and we do the rest as community for you. Please, this is really needed....

Beta program :Adwcleaner for CCleaner under Extras. Nice feature I would like to see.

And you should be able to kill processes in winapp2.ini... This would be good for TeamViewer, which can't be cleaned without this and quick optimizing windows and Mac for effect disabling under extras. De

And a driver Programm like drivcy as a name for finding drivers and backing up them. G'Days

You understood wrong and the reason behind this is my own hasty kind of writing all to the end. I had problems this day, whatever :

1.) Websites to add are the Software websites, where you download the software and make entries for them. I had no time to add all the rest to the file list today. Add them @Hazelnut... You are good at it.

2.)Winsys2.ini is the new Winapp3.ini for bad guys. This will have some entries, which most users can use for saving space and performance (not indexing) resulting in saving money and stress. But some entries might be in the new Winapp2.ini later...

3.) Winsys2.ini is a complete compressed work of five years in this forum. It has Q&A section, live-better with good software section and all entries, which are dangerous or beta or removed due to reason. And files, which have not been categorized and tips.

So you want to use an ini file (a settings file) for tips and discussion of entries?! That's what this forum is for. And also use it for entries that aren't safe to use? If they're not safe they shouldn't be anywhere near CCleaner.

Someone please tell me if I'm misunderstanding this stream of consciousness :rolleyes:

Trimmer from [Voldemort] is buggy. It doesn't work like trim.bat

[Voldemort] doesn't work offline :bug report
That program is not affiliated with, or supported by, Piriform, and is therefore not discussed here. Take up those issues with them .

• Moderators

[Voldemort] added where needed

• Moderators

apart from entering the Twilight Zone and some ideas not relating to the winapp.ini thread, maybe this current line of thought by @trader5858 could be put in its own thread.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

My counter to that point is that some of those are ones people might wish to clean without cleaning the rest of the "more" categories (e.g. unsaved files, help cache, building blocks)

What about Word More and PowerPoint More? By the way, "unsaved files" belongs to Microsoft Word only. "Building blocks" also belongs to Word. Other known privacy cleaning programs have just one entry for all of the Office products.

• Moderators
It has been almost three days since someone uploaded the wrong Winapp2.ini file. It is still not corrected.

He probably has classes or a job y'know ;)

Man just need to do less work and with help of this winsys.ini.txt you don't need to read 250 pages of forum thread. And you can make all your to-dos for the next part faster... The next part of this is, that we should reach more entries (about 3K) and add more Browsers like.... There are to much to say... Vivaldi, Forks of Chrome like sparks... And more....