Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

[Common User Temp Folder*] isn't in my copy of winapp2.ini, so I'd imagine it's FreeRyde's personal entry.

Yes, my apologies... think I got it from an earlier post.

I'd been deleting the folder via 'Include' in CCleaner til I saw the entry posted.  Don't know why I never got around to it myself.

Anyway... it works fine. No issues whatsoever:

[Common User Temp Folder*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\Temp
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\TEMP|*.*|REMOVESELF

I don't see the need for weekly releases (and additional work for you). Anyone that's that keen on having the newest possible entries can just subscribe to this thread and copy them from here.

Works fine for me... Been doing that for quite a while,and learning a few things in the process.

• Moderators

Would releasing new ones once a week - as much traffic as this thread gets - among others, be ok?

He's only one person, and has a life (assumedly) outside of working on a file for a rather minor group of people. A weekly update is hardly an easy thing, nor should we impose more than we do on him. Honestly I'm happy with the release along with ccleaner as it makes the most sense.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

and has a life (assumedly)

hefty assumption :ph34r:

To be honest I liked the every 2 weeks but fell behind because I generally did the 2 week releases on CCleaner drop day and on a friday or saturday 2 weeks beforehand, but I work all day Fri/Sat now. At the very least I'll probably go back to the 2 week thing.

New entry:

[Santa's Rampage*]
Section=Games
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage|*.diz;*.nfo;*.txt;*.url|RECURSE
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage|dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\Redist|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\UDKGame\Logs|*.*|REMOVESELF
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\UDKGame\CookedPC\Manifest.txt
ExcludeKey2=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\UDKGame\Script
ExcludeKey3=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\Binaries\Win32
ExcludeKey4=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\*Santa* Rampage\Binaries\Win64

New

[Reddit To Go!*]
LangSecRef=3031
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.RedditToGo_*
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.RedditToGo_*\RoamingState|history.txt
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.RedditToGo_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.RedditToGo_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData*.*
Edited by Coffee4Joe

• Moderators

New:

Edit: Couldn't make up my mind earlier what to name it. It was originally "AbiWord (VCRedist Setup Cache)*", I've renamed it to "AbiWord (VCRedist Setup Files)*".

For anyone wondering, if installing AbiWord it throws the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable setup files directly into the root of drive C:\, and doesn't bother removing them, very sloppy hence this cleaning routine was made.

[AbiWord (VCRedist Setup Files)*]
Section=Temporary Setup Files
Default=False
Detect=HKLM\Software\AbiWord
DetectFile=%systemdrive%\VC_RED.MSI
FileKey1=%systemdrive%\|eula.1028.txt;eula.1031.txt;eula.1033.txt;eula.1036.txt;eula.1040.txt;eula.1041.txt;eula.1042.txt;eula.2052.txt;eula.3082.txt;globdata.ini;install.exe;install.ini;install.res.1028.dll;install.res.1031.dll;install.res.1033.dll;install.res.1036.dll;install.res.1040.dll;install.res.1041.dll;install.res.1042.dll;install.res.2052.dll;install.res.3082.dll;VC_RED.cab;VC_RED.MSI;vcredist.bmp
Edited by Andavari

Hello. i don't know how to write these winapp2 entries myself but I do have entries for programs which aren't currently in winapp2. If I knew how to do this myself I would, but I don't know how winapp2 works. The entries are as follows:

ClamWin/ClamSentinel: C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\.clamwin\logs

ClamSentinel: C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\ClamSentinel

Exclude file ClamSentinel.ini

Teamspeak 3: cache data: C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\TS3client\cache

chats saves: C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\chats

logs: C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\logs

Additional battlenet entries: C:\users\All users\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

Again, sorry that I can't write my own, I am hoping someone else can do that for me as I don't know what I am doing for winapp2.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Edited FileKey12 (again)

changed from nouser0000000000000001\120712-0049\DBStore\LogFiles\|*.Log"
to nouser*\*-*\DBStore\LogFiles\|*.Log"

Having it \*\*-*\DBStore\LogFiles\|*.Log makes the mail app forget mail passwords

[Windows Communications Apps*]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_*\LocalState\LiveComm\nouser*\*-*\DBStore\LogFiles\|*.Log
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory
Edited by Coffee4Joe

• Moderators

A lot of things throw the vcredist there. MS Updates included.

That I didn't know. Do you think that original cleaner I made in this post would be better as this instead?

[VCRedist Temp Setup Files*]
Section=VCRedist Temp Setup Files
Default=False
DetectFile=%systemdrive%\VC_RED.cab
DetectFile2=%systemdrive%\VC_RED.MSI
FileKey1=%systemdrive%\|eula.1028.txt;eula.1031.txt;eula.1033.txt;eula.1036.txt;eula.1040.txt;eula.1041.txt;eula.1042.txt;eula.2052.txt;eula.3082.txt;globdata.ini;install.exe;install.ini;install.res.1028.dll;install.res.1031.dll;install.res.1033.dll;install.res.1036.dll;install.res.1040.dll;install.res.1041.dll;install.res.1042.dll;install.res.2052.dll;install.res.3082.dll;VC_RED.cab;VC_RED.MSI;vcredist.bmp

Updated. Changes on the way. changes.txt updated for now

Hope you aced the final.  Thanks for the update of winapp2.ini.  :wub:

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

thanks for the update :D

since the last update of geforce driver 331.93 beta!

these entries are useless: I would say we wait for the next stable version for our decision and check it again!

[NVIDIA GFExperience Updates*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\NVIDIA Corporation
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\NVIDIA\Updatus\DownloadManager|*.*

[NVIDIA Logs*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\NVIDIA|*.log|RECURSE

[NVIDIA Updates*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Nvidia\Updates|*.bak
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Nvidia\Updatus|*.bak

Note:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3333

New (for the new location):

[NVIDIA more*]
LangSecRef=3023
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\NVIDIA\NvBackend\DownloadManager|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\NVIDIA\NvBackend|*.bak

[VirtualBox Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%UserProfile%\.VirtualBox\
Default=False
FileKey1=%UserProfile%\.VirtualBox|VBoxSVC.log.*;VBoxSVC.*;*.log;*.log.*
FileKey2=%UserProfile%\VirtualBox VMs\*\Logs|*.log;*.log.*

changes: add *.log* at FileKey1 and 2

That I didn't know. Do you think that original cleaner I made in this post would be better as this instead?

Default=False

Perhaps some modification of that entry could be added, as I coincidentally just installed Abiword, remembered seeing this entry, then saw that there were no VC Redist files on my system drive. Just now discovered all those files have been extracted to, and left, on my second partition E: drive :huh:

• Moderators

Yeah, a lot of VCRedist stuff winds up in the root directories of several of my different drives. It seems to be fairly random

I don't think it's random at all if we look at Automatic Updates/Windows Updates as a culprit of where it unpacks files which is always the hard disk with the most free space available - it's a very Microsoft thing to do even if drive C:\ has more than enough room for temporary setup files which annoys the living piss out of me, we have a Temp folder on the system drive for a reason.

I personally don't know how to code a cleaner for winapp2.ini (file) to look on other hard disks without specifically specifying things like E:\, P:\, T:\, etc., which wouldn't be suited for everyone's system, unless of course we included all possible hard disk locations running the alphabetic drive gauntlet going from C:\ to Z:\

Edit:

I'll use this on my system since those are the hard disks I have, it should work as a template for others to modify for their own.

Default=False
DetectFile3=D:\VC_RED.cab
DetectFile4=D:\VC_RED.MSI
DetectFile5=E:\VC_RED.cab
DetectFile6=E:\VC_RED.MSI
FileKey2=D:\|eula.1028.txt;eula.1031.txt;eula.1033.txt;eula.1036.txt;eula.1040.txt;eula.1041.txt;eula.1042.txt;eula.2052.txt;eula.3082.txt;globdata.ini;install.exe;install.ini;install.res.1028.dll;install.res.1031.dll;install.res.1033.dll;install.res.1036.dll;install.res.1040.dll;install.res.1041.dll;install.res.1042.dll;install.res.2052.dll;install.res.3082.dll;VC_RED.cab;VC_RED.MSI;vcredist.bmp
FileKey3=E:\|eula.1028.txt;eula.1031.txt;eula.1033.txt;eula.1036.txt;eula.1040.txt;eula.1041.txt;eula.1042.txt;eula.2052.txt;eula.3082.txt;globdata.ini;install.exe;install.ini;install.res.1028.dll;install.res.1031.dll;install.res.1033.dll;install.res.1036.dll;install.res.1040.dll;install.res.1041.dll;install.res.1042.dll;install.res.2052.dll;install.res.3082.dll;VC_RED.cab;VC_RED.MSI;vcredist.bmp
Edited by Andavari