uTorrent support

averagejoe

Hi, I was wondering if support for uTorrent could be added.

uTorrent leaves behind copies of the torrent files you open with it in "C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\uTorrent\" in Windows XP (I don't know about Vista or 7)

Cleaning them out with CCleaner instead of manually would be great. Also, I'm pretty sure the devs can find more stuff to clean in uTorrent as well. Just a thought.

• Moderators

CCleaner already cleans BitTorrent, therefore uTorrent as well since it's in the same detection key, but it doesn't remove any .Torrent files for very obvious reasons.

This is what CCleaner cleans:

[bitTorrent]
ID=2173
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\BitTorrent
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.exe
Default=true
FileKey1=%appdata%\BitTorrent|*.old

Could be safely updated to include the uTorrent *.old files too since they're in the same detection key location of the registry.

• 4 years later...

I don't know why it is said the "it is not safe to do so", since the provided link to the explanation is gone by now, but I guess it is because μTorrent uses some of these files.

FYI, there is a solution out there that "removes" only the TORRENT files that are not used by μTorrent:

http://forum.utorrent.com/topic/40826-delete-unused-torrent-files-in-userprofilesapplicationdatautorrent/?do=findComment&comment=500969

It tries to work in a safe manner without affecting μTorrent, but still you have to take the risk of running an unsigned EXE downloaded from the web.

I hope this helps someone. The above link will provide more info.

Cheers! :)

• Moderators

It's not "safe" to do so because people would "accidentally" delete unfinished but not currently downloading torrents (say if your torrent grabber is exited when you run Ccleaner)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com