What do you want in CCleaner 3.0

ishan_rulz

I'm sure Version 3 is around the corner sometime, so what do you long-time users want in the new version?

Edit:

This is a Round up of what everyone wants.

native 64-bit

new GUI, more Se7ven-esque Icons, Better placement of options, etc.

faster methods of updating

GUI for Winapp2.ini

"add" button in the 'startup tool'

security measures for the 'Registry Cleaner' and auto-backup, dedicated backup folder

Help/doc fils inside CCleaner

XML files? Remove unused coding, reduce size

thumb drive support

move WFS to 'tools'

kill gutmann

file shredding, unlocker?

internet-look up for reg keys

Edited by ishan_rulz

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators
A new GUI and Icon.

Yes please!

Also:

• For winapp2.ini creation to remove those darned needed endings like: |
    and replace them with Windows standard: \
  • Allow for a "Scan All" button to remove junk files, and then have the list of detected invalid registry data ready for the user to determine if they should be removed. -- No that isn't automatic registry cleaning!
  • In-built backup manager for merging the backup .REG files, which would facilitate having an actual backup folder like: "CCleaner\Backups"
  • Warnings if using certain cleaners which will wipe out a programs settings like Microsoft Office Word, etc.
  • In-built docs site loader so people could browse the help/docs site right inside of CCleaner itself.

-64-bit support is already planned (I don't remember where, but MrG said that it'd come with CCleaner 3 somewhere in the CCleaner section)

-The old INI files should be replaced with XML files. Much easier to edit and read (both by humans and software)

-WFS as a tool (or, better, remove it)

-If I say "Drop XP Support, and create an Aero-based GUI", will you guys kill me ?

Piriform French translator

-64-bit support is already planned (I don't remember where, but MrG said that it'd come with CCleaner 3 somewhere in the CCleaner section)

-The old INI files should be replaced with XML files. Much easier to edit and read (both by humans and software)

-WFS as a tool (or, better, remove it)

-If I say "Drop XP Support, and create an Aero-based GUI", will you guys kill me ?

Agree with everything. I want Aero as well, but I know many people use XP here. :(

EDIT:

• I won't mind support for cleaning .tmp files in a Thumb Drive.
  • Run only one instance of CCleaner instead of opening multiple windows every time you click on the icon. (Nothing wrong though)

Simplicity is hard.

I like new cleaning options and a newer, more stylish user interface.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

The installer could be made smart enough to know which build of CCleaner to install like how antivirus knows to install a 32-bit or 64-bit version during setup.

The installer could be made smart enough to know which build of CCleaner to install like how antivirus knows to install a 32-bit or 64-bit version during setup.

Yes, but I doubt Piriform want to maintain two different builds of CCleaner with two different GUIs.

I think they should fix all the little known bugs in v2, and then drop XP support for v3 while keeping the v2 download link for XP users. :)

I think all CCleaner versions and builds should be available even to XP users because if XP support is dropped for version 3, we would have a lot of fans (diehard XP users) who would be so upset and this is also to keep up with the innovations that other utility programs are having. Its best that XP support is NOT dropped.

But however, I would like more of the aero UI feel for CCleaner. However, a feel inspired by the soothing MS Office 2010 aero is what comes into my mind.

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I don't think a lot of people would be hurt by dropping XP support.

Using a 9-years-old OS and complaining about not having modern software is quite ridiculous.:rolleyes:

I don't think a lot of people would be hurt by dropping XP support.

Using a 9-years-old OS and complaining about not having modern software is quite ridiculous.:rolleyes:

If you count how many percent of people in the world right now are still using Windows XP, you will just see why many would be upset. Guess what, Windows XP is still the world's most widely used operating system right now and dropping support for that on CCleaner 3 is just ridiculous, now that CCleaner is the world's top tweaking utility, I doubt they won't let this slip too badly. Even Microsoft had extended their support for Windows XP SP2 last July.

Windows 7 is catching up fast but still, we have lots of XP users.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

As Andavari said, the installer should know which one to install. XP should continue with a modified version of the current GUI, and an Aero GUI for Windows 7.

Although, Aero isn't always the best.

Simplicity is hard.

If you count how many percent of people in the world right now are still using Windows XP, you will just see why many would be upset. Guess what, Windows XP is still the world's most widely used operating system right now and dropping support for that on CCleaner 3 is just ridiculous, now that CCleaner is the world's top tweaking utility, I doubt they won't let this slip too badly. Even Microsoft had extended their support for Windows XP SP2 last July.

Windows 7 is catching up fast but still, we have lots of XP users.

http://www.w3schools...browsers_os.asp

Yes, but how many of those XP users actually care about having CCleaner updates ? For most people, if it works, they don't mind having no updates.

(Besides, the W3C's statistics are based on the W3Schools' log files. Linux does not have 4.8% of market share, and Vista has more than 10%.)

Yes, but how many of those XP users actually care about having CCleaner updates ? For most people, if it works, they don't mind having no updates.

(Besides, the W3C's statistics are based on the W3Schools' log files. Linux does not have 4.8% of market share, and Vista has more than 10%.)

Many professionals today still use Windows XP. Would it really feel better to you if a good program (such as CCleaner) is universally compatible so that we get no complaints from other users saying its "unfair"???

• Moderators

I think they should fix all the little known bugs in v2, and then drop XP support for v3 while keeping the v2 download link for XP users. :)

Now I send my army of Borg XP Editions after you, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into our XP hive mind.:P:lol:

Now I send my army of Borg XP Editions after you, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into our XP hive mind.:P:lol:

Unless you tortured me, I won't. :P

If ccleaner is to discontinue support for xp i'd love to see it become truely individual and kill 35 passes

No fate but what we make