Was some maintenance, etc. performed?

edallen

Hi. Tried to log in to this site (any Piriform site, actually) from my bookmarks, Goggle Search, etc., yesterday (Sunday, 5/15 my time here in Japan) and kept getting the following: Server Error in '/' Application. I went over to the Malwarebytes board and discovered several people there were getting the same message from CCleaner. This morning there is no problem at all.

If there were actually maintenance, I wonder why that message was not given instead of a Server Error? I notice that Pogo or King Games, etc., give a maintenance notice when they are working on their site. Not a complaint actually (although I did panic when I could not get on the site) just a question. Anyone know about this or experience it?

My uneducated guess is that the server was ok but they had other trubbs, official statement was database issues. Yes it was unusual to see that explanation. We'll probably never know because Piri may consider it not important enough to detail.

There was problem reported earlier here.

That wasn't what I encountered. I clicked my desktop Piriform shortcut as usual and the page wouldn't load - 3 or 4 times over about a 15? min period. Then on the next try I got a page stating Piri was having database issues. Then later a stalled opening again, then finally on the last attempt the site opened and all was ok.