CCleaner 2.29 not deleting remaining empty folder

JDPower

Frostwire and KMPlayer create unneeded folders in 'My Documents' which I have always had as inclusions in CCleaner:

E:\My Documents\FrostWire

E:\My Documents\The KMPlayer

Now in 2.29 these are not being deleted (I've gone back and tried 2.28 which DOES delete them) and ticking or unticking the 'Recurse subfolders' box makes no difference to this.

Unless I'm missing something obvious this is a bug, hopefully can be addressed.

There's a work around to delete a folder and not just it's content.

A manual edit of an include is necessary.

Add |REMOVESELF at the end of the path then click OK. e.g. Include5=PATH|C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\|*.*|REMOVESELF

Close CCleaner then reopen and run the Cleaner.

It won't show up in results, but the folder will be gone.

There's a work around to delete a folder and not just it's content.

A manual edit of an include is necessary.

Add |REMOVESELF at the end of the path then click OK. (e.g. Include5=PATH|C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\|*.*|REMOVESELF

Close Cleaner then reopen and run the Cleaner.

It won't show up in results, but the folder will be gone.

Thanks but shouldn't really be necessary though, especially as it worked fine before, so hopefully the removeself command can be added alongside the 'recurse subfolders' option

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

As far as I know (and what do I know?) the included folder name has never been deleted whatever version of CC is used. I have a My Documents/Crap folder into which I throw er, crap: this folder is in the Include list and has never been deleted. But all of its contents, including subfolders, have. In the latest version of CC I had to tick the Recurse subfolders box, but otherwise it's the same old stuff.

I would also add that in my opinion the named folder should not be deleted by default, but there should be an option to do this if required.

As far as I know (and what do I know?) the included folder name has never been deleted whatever version of CC is used.

Well it always has on my computer (and as I said my OP, going back to 2.28 proves it does) ;)

• Moderators

Going back to 2.28 wouldn't prove it for me, for reasons in my previous post. If you add a folder to the Include list, there is a message saying that 'This folder will be emptied of all files upon cleaning', which implies that the folder itself would not be deleted.

Although I'm on XPSP3 I can't see it being an O/S issue. Perhaps a Cleaner.ini clash? (I don't use C.ini).

Please update to CCleaner v2.30 and select "Include files, subfolders and the folder itself" option in Options->Include screen.

Thanks

Hi

Added the path C:\sandbox\username\*.* to custom file delete, and selected the option; Include files, subfolder and the folder itself, but still it leaves the folder C:\sandbox\username\defaultbox.

I've also noticed this only started happening in the last couple of versions.

Regards,

RD.

Edit; Using CCleaner v2.30

Hi

Added the path C:\sandbox\username\*.* to custom file delete, and selected the option; Include files, subfolder and the folder itself, but still it leaves the folder C:\sandbox\username\defaultbox.

I've also noticed this only started happening in the last couple of versions.

CCleaner has only had that option in the current version (2.30) and it's working fine here. If you had it as an inclusion before perhaps try deleting the inclusion then re-adding it and see if it works then

Already tried deleting then re-adding the custom path, but problem still persists.

Edit; Just some added info if it helps any.

Running Vista SP2 x86.

CCleaner Slim v.2.30.

Tried a clean install and no change.