ninite

rridgely

• Moderators

I saw this on toms hardware and it looks pretty interesting.

The site basically lets you pick from a list of freeware programs, then custom makes you an installer and puts the programs on your computer.

However it automatically selects default settings AND deselects all toolbars/adware/ect. So ccleaner is on there, its going to install it in default location without the yahoo bar.

I haven't tried it, but I plan to shortly.

Here is the link.

http://ninite.com/

• Moderators

Ok, so the apps on that list that I would use I already have. However I had an embarrassingly old version of ccleaner installed so I let it install ccleaner.

It did just what it said it would do, it installed ccleaner, no toolbar in program files.

However I just noticed what the downfall will be to "power users". If I was setting up someone else's computer I would probably use ninite to install all the programs I normally would(and most of them are on there) however I wouldn't use this on my computers.

The reason being is that ccleaner auto defaults to adding run dialogs, and auto updates which are things I usually don't do, if I had to go around changing settings in all the programs I installed it wouldn't really be a time saver as I like my pc a certain way. So if you normally install programs with default settings all the time, you should definitely use this, if your like me and pretty much trim the fat on everything you install, this isn't for you.