Cleaning suggestion for Ccleaner

Ishi

Hi, I have been using Ccleaner for over a year now, I think its very good. Helped me resolve problems that I couldn't have fixed by myself.

I think, Ccleaner should have the ability to clean the Event Viewer reports for Windows. It has thousands of undeleted reports. More of them are created without you knowing it. It records log in durations, services that have loaded, error and crash reports, diagnostics and so much more. Vista has hell lots of it and so does Windows XP. You can open Event Viewer by typing eventvwr.exe on Run and OK. Collapse the categories there in the navigation pane and you have thousands of reports that you didn't know existed. They somehow consume memory.

Maybe it should also have the ability to clear backup files besides restore points that it can already clear. Maybe a little bit deeper registry cleaning and some tweaks on unoptimized computer settings. Feedback on this one please.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

Event viewer errors are very important to have when you are troubleshooting.

You can always clear them yourself (if you are SURE you don't need them) they just start up logging them again.

On xp just go to event viewer select one , eg system, choose 'action' on top left of page, and choose clear all events

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Event viewer errors are very important to have when you are troubleshooting.

You can always clear them yourself (if you are SURE you don't need them) they just start up logging them again.

On xp just go to event viewer select one , eg system, choose 'action' on top left of page, and choose clear all events

I agree with hazelnut, they can be very useful, but what about cleaning mapped drives on a workgroup (i have a terastation with shares that are mapped), could this facility be added to ccleaner?

What I really meant was they should add a checkbox about cleaning event viewer. If you have read all or at least most of the important reports, then you will need to clear them to make way for newer and more current system reports. By default, it should not be checked and a warning dialog box should appear when you check the box about clearing event viewer logs. I can clear the logs by myself but there are too many of them and it takes a lot of time.

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

Ishi cleaning them yourself takes a couple of seconds.

When I said select one.eg system

I meant this (in screenshot below.) Then you just do action, clear all events and all the events disappear. You do not need to select each item, just the catagory eg system, security application.

post-1555-1251618311_thumb.jpg

post-1555-1251618311_thumb.jpg

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Ishi cleaning them yourself takes a couple of seconds.

When I said select one.eg system

I meant this (in screenshot below.) Then you just do action, clear all events and all the events disappear. You do not need to select each item, just the catagory eg system, security application.

That is the event Viewer for Windows XP but if I use Vista, it doesnt seem to have that option of clear all. I don 't recall a clear all events option there in the Action Menu.

Clears only 1 log category at a time but does not clear all log lists in the entire event viewer in one go. Besides, many people do not know about the event viewer.

• Moderators

If you don't like the Event Viewer logs you could disable the service, although I don't recommend that as sometimes it's the only way of knowing an applications failings in the background. For example: If your antivirus can't scan some files, etc.

• Moderators
Clears only 1 log category at a time but does not clear all log lists in the entire event viewer in one go. Besides, many people do not know about the event viewer.

Ok I have 4 categories in the event viewer so I just press 'clean all events' 4 times, what is so time consumimg about that? It's not as if it's something you need to do that often anyway.

Also it's something you should only do if you are sure you won't need the logs. As Andavari says disabling the logs is not a good idea.

You say people don't know about the event viewer, most people learn about it by reading threads like this.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

Ok I have 4 categories in the event viewer so I just press 'clean all events' 4 times, what is so time consumimg about that? It's not as if it's something you need to do that often anyway.

Also it's something you should only do if you are sure you won't need the logs. As Andavari says disabling the logs is not a good idea.

You say people don't know about the event viewer, most people learn about it by reading threads like this.

That is for the event viewer of Windows XP but in Windows Vista nothing like that appears in the action pane if you click major categories, you have to manually click all categories to clear their individual log lists. I have the option to disable event viewer but that will mean I will have no way of knowing if things are failing to work.