Currently known forum related bugs

Andavari

• Moderators

Currently known forum related bugs

The admin and mod team know of the forum issues that have been happening recently which are causing many forum members issues.

If you have anything else to report such as another browser version that has issues, or a browser version that has no issues please post it in this topic including your browser version and any comments so we can have a centralized location for the admin team to look at.

• Some of the known issues that are plaguing all browsers except for Opera are:
  • Inability to view the full sized image of thumbnail images that are hosted by forum.piriform.com
  • Inability to download/open files such as text documents, ZIP archives, etc., hosted by forum.piriform.com

• Browsers already known to have issues:
  • Mozilla Firefox 2.x to 3.5.2
    Firefox Displayed Error (from 3.5.2):
    mHf08.png
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8
    IE Displayed Error (from IE7):
    Pgygk.png
  • Chrome based browsers ("Chromium, etc.")

• Temporary solutions:
  • Images: Use a free image hosting site (please don't use ImageShack though, it's slow and typically causes whole topics to load very slowly.). To learn how to use a free image hosting site view this topic by DennisD.
  • File Hosting: For text documents just copy+paste the contents, or contain them in a code box using this image from the editor: rte-code-button.png
    For other files like ZIP archives, etc., please use a free file hosting site. It's been reported on several forums that use Invision Power Board ("IPB") which this forum also uses that ZIP archive downloads are corrupted.

Edited by Andavari
Updated info

• Moderators
IE6 too.

It doesn't show anything at all.

I've added IE6 to post #1 as one of the browsers with the issue. I've also added Chrome based browsers to the list.

How Opera is able to download the files is rather interesting. :huh:

Opera 10 was seeing and loading just about everything on here, but just for info, I can't see the images in TM's signature:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...st&p=144328

The same with Firefox 3.5.2 too, all I see are these: | | |

Anyone noticed the code box on the winapp2.ini post no longer scrolls....

Back on downloads topic:

Does anyone remember if it happened before that random guy posted about how we should update the forum to the latest release... Just a highly suspect theory, but maybe there is a vulnerability he or someone else used...

fireryone

• Moderators
Andavari do you need a screenshot for the error you get in Chromium/Chrome?

Not really, just wanted to let everyone know about the issues with a list of browsers with the issues and those without any issues. Doesn't sound like an easy fix for the admins though.

Anyone noticed the code box on the winapp2.ini post no longer scrolls....

maybe there is a vulnerability he or someone else used...

I noticed that in winapp2.ini, which oddly enough for anyone that couldn't download the ZIP that hiccup with the forum actually helps if someone wanted to copy the whole thing. :lol:

It wouldn't be the first time there's an IPB vulnerability, however some other forums are having issues with it at the moment.