Support for Chromium-based browsers

DarkPsY

i use iron, and cc doesnt seem to clear browsing history. no problems on chrome. any suggestions?

I have the same problem . I also posted a message but nobody seems to know why this is. I presume that IRON must be caching at different locations or names than regular chrome and thus CC cleaner is missing the sites. I guess we will have to wait for an u pdate that deals with this but if we don't raise enough noise the change will take some time I presume. Any other comments?? Lets get the ball rolling.

• Moderators
but if we don't raise enough noise the change will take some time I presume.

I think that presumption is correct. SRWare Iron has been previously asked about some time ago to be included but as of yet it hasn't made its way into CCleaner. The same goes for Chromium.

Currently your best bet is to use the winapp2.ini add-on for making your own SRWare Iron cleaner if one isn't already included in winapp2.ini. Of course if anyone makes a winapp2.ini cleaner please post it so others can use it.

This post contains everything you need to add Iron support to CCleaner.

There's no need to read through the entire thread (unless you feel like it). The code in this post has been edited to include all discussed changes and additions found later in the thread.

To add Iron support to CCleaner, copy the code below and paste it onto the end of Winapp2.ini. Save the file and start (or restart) CCleaner. Then look for "SRWare Iron" in the "Applications" tab, at the end of the application list.

(Winapp2.ini is a file you can download from this forum that supports the cleaning of custom applications. Simply place it in your CCleaner installation folder.)

A couple of important notes:

• CCleaner's include/exclude cookies list won't have any effect on Iron. With the code below, if CCleaner is run with Iron's "Cookies" item checked, all of Iron's cookies will be deleted.

• If you didn't install Iron to the default folder, you must edit all lines that start with "DetectFile". Make sure they all read the correct path to Iron.exe on your computer. There is a DetectFile line for each item (Cookies, Cache, etc).

The code below contains revisions offered further down this thread by users Andavari and Metalj.

; SRWare Iron starts[Cache]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*[Cookies]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Cookies[internet History]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|*History*FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|ThumbnailsFileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Visited Links[Current Session]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Current*[Last Session]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Last*[Form Data]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Web Data; SRWare Iron ends

• 4 weeks later...

Code updated - I've added a line to the code in my post above:

"FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Web Data"

This will clear Iron's saved suggestions for form input.

Enjoy :)

• Moderators
You won't be able to select individual things to clean (like cache, history, etc). Until Iron support is built into CCleaner by the programmers, I believe this is the only option (but I could be wrong).

It can work as a more customizable ("enable/disable") cleaner sort of like Google Chrome, etc., if all of the cleaners are completely separated. ;) And by the wonders of alphabetization they'd all be grouped together.

Just two examples using your provided code so people understand what I'm referring to:

[*SRWare Iron (History)]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Iron\iron.exe
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|History
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|History Index*.*

[*SRWare Iron (Cache)]
LangSecRef=3022
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Iron\iron.exe
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*

It can work as a more customizable ("enable/disable") cleaner sort of like Google Chrome, etc., if all of the cleaners are completely separated. ;) And by the wonders of alphabetization they'd all be grouped together.

Good idea. I've added that to the post above.

An SRWare Iron fan here :)

I made some changes to the winapp2.ini made by equazcion.

Here are the list of changes:

> Changed %ProgramFiles%\Iron\Iron.exe to %ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exe (for default installations)

> Changed %LocalAppData% to %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ (I used piriform docs)

> Placed all the stuff into it's own section (SRWare Iron).

> Added Archived History, Visited Links and Thumbnails cleaning into History cleaning.

> Added Current Session cleaning.

> Added * to remove some FileKey#

Btw, nice job equazcion. ;)

[internet Cache]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*[Cookies]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Cookies[internet History]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|*History*FileKey2=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|ThumbnailsFileKey3=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Visited Links[Current Session]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Current*[Last Session]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Last*[Form Data]Section=SRWare IronDetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\Iron.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\Default|Web Data

An SRWare Iron fan here :)

I made some changes to the winapp2.ini made by equazcion.

Awesome metalj, I didn't know you could enter a custom section name. They should put that in the docs, unless its there and I missed it. Now Iron comes up basically like other browsers would. :)

It's probably a good ideal to submit your cleaning routine to TwistedMetal via the winapp2.ini topic. That way when he updates winapp2.ini it will be included, and anybody else wondering about SRWare Iron support can be directed to it.

I did submit it a couple days ago, but it was my original code without your/metalj's changes. I guess I'll submit it again now.

• 1 month later...
Since SRWare Iron is constantly be asked for support I'm pinning this topic title to make is much easier for people to find.

Sounds great. I simplified my original posting of the code, to show just the code as revised by you and Metalj (and crediting you both), since it's so much better than my original code anyway, and this way people won't need to read through the whole thread.

• Moderators

Indeed the %LocalAppData% is needed which has had support in CCleaner for many versions. People making winapp2.ini entries need to switch from using %userprofile%\application data to the new standard: %LocalAppData%

%LocalAppData% is Local Settings\Application Data or Appdata\Local.

Application Data or Appdata\Roaming is %AppData% :P

Indeed the %LocalAppData% is needed which has had support in CCleaner for many versions. People making winapp2.ini entries need to switch from using %userprofile%\application data to the new standard: %LocalAppData%

Piriform French translator

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
%LocalAppData% is Local Settings\Application Data or Appdata\Local.

Application Data or Appdata\Roaming is %AppData% :P

Yes and it allows for "Application Data" references to work on non-English versions of Windows, and also makes for shorter in character length cleaning routines.

• 4 months later...
metalj >> "%userprofile%\local settings\application data\" >> Will only work on XP.

"%LocalAppData%\" >> Will work on XP, Vista and 7. ^_^

Wow...i don't know how to do this. I trid dl the .ini file to the install folder, but it didn't show up in ccleaner. Aslo it doesn't even mention iron. Can anybody make an easy to use guide (step by step) on how to do this? I'm not used to messing with ccleaners inards. Thanks.