Windows 7 user interface

hazelnut

• Moderators

I like how the phone integration looks like a very easy to use webpage.

Other than that it will need a whole hell of allot of easy to use functionality without any Vista-like annoyances both built in and third-party supporting to win over the masses.

You people are fortunate to be witnessing the slow death of Microsoft. Take a look at the huge improvements Mac and Linux have made on their OS and MS has basically stood still and some would say declined in the quality of their OS. Simply look how far Mac and Linux have come since XP first came out. It's almost sad except it's funny. MS is where GM and Ford were 15 years ago. Both are on the verge of disappearing now. MS won't die over night because of the large percentage of Microsoft morons using the OS that can't be bothered to learn something new but that percentage is dropping daily. If Mac ever brings the prices of their machines down to the level of Windows machines it's all over from there.

You people are fortunate to be witnessing the slow death of Microsoft. Take a look at the huge improvements Mac and Linux have made on their OS and MS has basically stood still and some would say declined in the quality of their OS. Simply look how far Mac and Linux have come since XP first came out. It's almost sad except it's funny. MS is where GM and Ford were 15 years ago. Both are on the verge of disappearing now. MS won't die over night because of the large percentage of Microsoft morons using the OS that can't be bothered to learn something new but that percentage is dropping daily. If Mac ever brings the prices of their machines down to the level of Windows machines it's all over from there.
You could always ask the man in the Red suit to stick one under your bed after a night's sleep of being really naughty the day before.

I never owned a North American car but several VWs with the last one a '95 Golf that I had for about 7 years:

http://www.fixya.com/Brands/Images/V/Volks...50/21650482.jpg

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I love vws. I used to have one of these babys:

http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/ca/3764/mia/d/s...van/pid/7020635

Then got married and had kids and had to cut my hair and get a real job! lol

That reminded me of my '72 black R75 750cc motorcycle I had that I went all over Canada and one trip down to San Diego with it on a trailer back in the '70s but I had to sell it in '81 when I got married and it became too expensive to ride and the cold season too long.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I have owned several GM's and they were all POSIMO's. Nothing but problems. The dealership experience was even worse. It's no surprise to me GM and Ford are in the position the are in. They deserve it and should die as quickly as possible.

MS is just as arrogant and makes a product just as flawed as GM and Ford. Their decline is now in progress and gaining momentum. I'm amazed at the number of Macs I see around now. Microsoft is becoming a bad word and has a very un cool factor with the kids. This is where MS is going to shoot it's self in the head. This a generational type change that can't be un done over night. When I was in high school you wanted to own a Camaro or Mustang. These were the cool cars. Look now. The kids are all into the imports and GM and Ford on the verge of bankruptcy.

The similarities are very real and 15 even 10 years from now the computing world will look very different than it does now and Microsoft's influence will be much reduced and that's a good thing.

• Moderators
I have owned several GM's and they were all POSIMO's. Nothing but problems.

Most of them indeed are as you've stated. The only thing GM has ever made that I've liked is the small block V8, and the newer Corvette's.

Come to think of it the only U.S. built car I like nowadays is the Corvette. :o

Most of them indeed are as you've stated. The only thing GM has ever made that I've liked is the small block V8, and the newer Corvette's.

Come to think of it the only U.S. built car I like nowadays is the Corvette. :o

Yes very nice machine. How reliable it is a different thing. Performance wise it's a serious machine.

It looks as if a GM |Chrysler merger is just about a done deal. GM grasping for life by buying more problems. Thousands of jobs are gone if this goes through and several brands. This was unthinkable 10 or 15 years ago. They should just go bankrupt re structure kill their unionized over paid lazy incompetent work forces and start new.

Yes very nice machine. How reliable it is a different thing. Performance wise it's a serious machine.

It looks as if a GM |Chrysler merger is just about a done deal. GM grasping for life by buying more problems. Thousands of jobs are gone if this goes through and several brands. This was unthinkable 10 or 15 years ago. They should just go bankrupt re structure kill their unionized over paid lazy incompetent work forces and start new.

Well I like chrysler, not a big gm guy, but not against them, and had a great ford years ago so i dont mind them either. I personally prefer toyota, but i just seem to like their vehicles.

ive had all kinds of vehicles, the worst being a mazda 323.....

Nothing like motorheads taking over a Windows 7 thread.

:lol: I'm going over to CT's thread.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
ive had all kinds of vehicles, the worst being a mazda 323.....

Yeah the old Mazda 323 from over a decade or so ago was well not so good at all. Although I'd still like to find an RX-7 from a few years ago and rebuild it as a tuner car.

Nothing like motorheads taking over a Windows 7 thread.

Sorry Corona.....our bad.

I actually like the look of the windows 7, and will definately get another computer with that operating system when it comes out......but now im seeing this "cloud" thing and getting excited about that.......and well, i would still like a mac desktop so im just gonna have to work a lot more overtime, and of course, check with my wife who thinks we have too many computers now...... :lol: