Member Rankings

craigathus

Hi guys :rolleyes:

This question has probably been asked heaps of times, and it's probably not that important :blink:

How dose the member ranking and promotion system work?

Newbie, Member, Advanced member, etc...

Dose it depend on the amount of posts and or quality of posts? or are you promoted over the course of time spent logged on?

I only ask because I noticed that I'm an advanced member already B)

• Moderators

AS far as I can remember craig once you have posted 50 times you cease being a newbie and become advanced.

After 500 posts you become a power member.

Cannot for the life in me remember the next bit!! I'm sure someone else will though :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I think it's just amount of posts. I'm Advanced Member also with 193 posts. There's a big gap between Advanced Member and next level after that, because i've seen members with over 400 posts still as Advanced Members.

EDIT:

Ok, that clears things out.

• Moderators

At 500 posts you become a power member, you only have to look at some of the posters post count's to confirm this.

Also then you can change your custom member title under your avatar as I have just done now

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

AS far as I can remember craig once you have posted 50 times you cease being a newbie and become advanced.

Cannot for the life in me remember the next bit!! I'm sure someone else will though :)

Hi Hazelnut :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply, I thought it might be something like that.

I think it's gonna take loooong time to me being a Power Member. :wacko:

Hi CeeCee :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info ;)

I think it's gonna take loooong time to me being a Power Member. :wacko:

You and me both. :unsure:

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

You got almost same amount of posts just in couple of months, than i got in about 2 years. Come on, you will be Power Member soon with that posting tempo. ;)

LOL thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Also then you can change your custom member title under your avatar as I have just done now

I didn't realise that. Not sure I could think of anything more appropriate than Power Member bearing in mind my name though :D

I try not to look at my post count anymore...

rridgleys post stats:

Joined: 13-April 05 Profile Views: 883* Last Seen: Today, 10:43 AM Local Time: Jul 10 2007, 09:00 PM 7,098 posts (9 per day)

Ive got a record of about 2 per day, I thought that made me a forum addict. :lol:

fireryone

Maybe you (or whoever has access to the Admin Control Panel) should disable post count increase for that sub forum. :P

Of course If a newbie log poster sees 7000+ posts he is more likely to trust you :)

fireryone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

"Post count really doesn't mean much of anything," I state that however I'm always leary of a first time poster coming onto the forums and recommending some software title, etc., that's never been heard of before - it just seems like spam.

Although the longer someone is around the more we can get to know them via their posts, i.e.; attitude, etc.

• Moderators

At least almost all the spam has stopped. I do agree with the first post being about software is usually spam. We have alot of members, but the regulars post everyday. Usually the newcomers will only post once or twice.

thumb_postwhore.gif

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key