CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't know for sure but it sounds as if they are keeping that information in a cookie. (*unless you are running the Registry Cleaner) Are you using Health Check or Custom Clean? If it is a cookie then Health Check will always remove it, anytime/everytime that you run Health Check. Custom Clean can keep cookies so that they do not get deleted. You need to identify the cookies from that website, and in Options>Cookies move them to the 'Cookies to Keep' side. See 'Option 2' in this article, the article is a bit old but the option still works like that: https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-settings/choosing-which-cookies-to-keep Custom Clean will then leave them alone. (But Health Check will still delete them if it is run). To set Custom Clean as the default screen that CCleaner opens with got to Options>Settings and change 'CCleaner Home Screen' * If you are running the Registry cleaner then don't do that. It is not needed and is not recommended except as a technicians tool to help fix a broken computer. Running a registry cleaner when not needed can stop your computer working properly.
  3. Today
  4. That is normal behaviour for a modern operating system and modern browsers. You clean them, they come back again emptied of old entries. See this explanation of what 'trackers' actually are, and why some of them will come back straight after you have cleaned: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043
  5. Nah, I don't touch the active stuff, (well maybe a little active test/calibration piece now and again), I was an engineering designer for equipment/pipework/fabrications/robots/etc. needed on the site. My first job here was designing a new cooling system for the 4 decomissioned Calder Hall reactors, specifying the equipment/piping for it and laying it all out to fit in the old buildings. They haven't had fuel in for years but the casings are still radioactive and hot, I changed the old Carbon Dioxide cooling system which was used when it was active to a dried air system, much more environmentally friendly (and cheaper to run). Now beer I do touch, about an hour from now I'll be in the pub.
  6. Hello, I'm using this French dictionary software : Grand Robert : https://www.lerobert.com/dictionnaires/francais/langue/dictionnaire-le-grand-robert-de-la-langue-francaise-abonnement-annuel-3133099010289.html They issue a license key that I can use 3 times. Each time I run a CCLeaner clean operation, it somehow removes the registration information Le Robert is using. I need to register again, and I'm stuck after three registrations ... I asked their support staff, they say they don't know, and I should ask CCLeaner support. What could happen ? Is there a way I could debug that, or get more info to pinpoint where the problem is and how I could add an exception to CCLeaner? Thanks
  7. - Try this: (Temporarily) Disable System Restore. That will speed up the defrag process.
  8. CCCleaner does not clear all my trackers. It will say 15 trackers. I hit make better and it only cleans 3 of them.
  9. I agree with this. I said a few years ago that Defraggler was way too slow for a HDD defrag. You need to leave it running overnight and set the auto "shutdown after completion" option. If you compare it with other programs they defrag so much quicker and I haven't had any problems with them. So it leads me to wonder if I am really getting a much better result with Defraggler ? It seems like it definitely could do with some speed optimization in it's next update.
  10. Oh wow, Dah......Sorry I never seen that option. Thanks.
  11. - Another way to speed up Defraggler: (Temporarily) disable System Restore.
  12. That would be a concern. Were you having this issues before or after you had a the Technician Edition installed? As the Technician Edition is not generally publicly available (it's a special paid licence for IT technicians doing breakfix on multiple computers) I would be concerned if, as you were trying to find a solution, you may have downloaded something from some other site that may or may not be the genuine article. Either way, with the various install attempts, is there anything left behind in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner directory that may be causing an obstruction? Also: Did you have any problems with older versions of CCleaner prior to 5.61? Have you trying reinstalling any of those older versions recently? Windows 8 was never as popular as Windows 7, but we do have a few million Windows 8 and 8.1 users actively using CCleaner 5.61 and up
  13. Yesterday
  14. @Dusty54: I checked and can see that you raised a tickets as a free user over the weekend. You followed up a second ticket on Tuesday, and a third separate ticket 20 hours ago, also as a free user. On each occasion you would have been notified that (emphasis added): Since none of those tickets were from your account email, response would be delayed, as you were advised. Also the first one was over the weekend, and our customer support desk currently only operates on weekdays at the moment. You raised a 4th ticket 17 hours ago from a different email address where you did provide your order number and I note that you received a response within 40 minutes - which seems like a pretty reasonable response time for the priority queue. As @nukecad points out, as per https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039530092-Will-I-lose-any-time-on-my-subscription-if-I-take-an-offer-to-renew-early- it can take up to 15 days for the system to automatically extend licences. Looking now I can see your licence ending YVVF running until 25 July 2021 - which sounds right. You can confirm this at https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup.
  15. trium

ublock users

firefox legacy v1.16.4.22 gorhill released this Jul 4, 2020 Change Strict-block only if match is anchored to end of hostname Improve procedural cosmetic filters processing (thanks to @hawkeye116477) Use +js name for logging Allow u flag in regexes Bump minimum browser versions due to ES6 semantics Add nowoif alias for window.open-defuser scriptlet
  16. trium

ublock users

firefox legacy v1.16.4.21 gorhill released this Jun 20, 2020 Change Prevent exceptions when several conflicting rules result in an empty filter Improve validation of CSS selector-based cosmetic filters Map upward to xpath using filter syntax converter Update scriptlets from the upstream repo Replace requestAnimationFrame-if.js with no-requestAnimationFrame-if.js Improve set-constant.js scriptlet Improve window.open-defuser scriptlet Add remove-class scriptlet (alias: rc) Add new scriptlet to allow blocking Amazon's apstag.js Bring fingerprint2.js scriptlet up to date Improve logging capabilities of json-prune scriptlet Add uBO: prefix to logged output in some scriptlets Remove obsolete filters from stock filter lists hpHosts Disconnect Malvertising Adblock Warning Removal
  17. trium

ublock users

ublock v1.28.0 gorhill released this Jun 30, 2020 Changes: ##script:inject(...), which has been deprecated in favor of ##+js(...) for more than two years, is no longer supported. It's no longer possible to point-and-click to create allow (green) rules from within the popup panel by default. This change is motivated by seeing way too many cases of improper usage of dynamic filtering in which users are creating allow (green) rules where noop (gray) rules should have been used. You can get back temporarily the ability to create allow rules from within the popup panel by tapping twice the Ctrl key. Improved syntax highlighting of static filters in "My filters" and asset viewer. Additionally, in "My filters": Ability to toggle commenting out of filter(s) by pressing the Tab key Auto-completion using Ctrl-Space, this works for: Static filter options Resource names for redirect= option Procedural operators for cosmetic/HTML filters Scriptlet names for ##+js filters Closed as fixed: Chromium 65 Broken popup panel in Chromium 65 Chromium Use default_public_interface_only in Chromium-based browsers Core Cookie-remover.js does not remove a cookie A possibility of using default system fonts for uBlock Origin? Some RegExp filters are not parsed properly Add support for entity-matching in domain= filter option Notable commits with no entry in issue tracker: Fix edge case involving filter with a single wildcard Add support for wildcard/array in json-prune Fix matching of filters with trailing ^| Make the creation of allow rules in panel an opt-in feature Add ability to lock firewall height to basic pane height Fix uselessly allocating one extra WASM page Replace FilterPlainHostname with composite filter
  18. ff v78.0.2 09. july 2020 Fixed Security fix Fixed an accessibility regression in reader mode (bug 1650922) Made the address bar more resilient to data corruption in the user profile (bug 1649981) Fixed a regression opening certain external applications (bug 1650162)
  19. I just noticed yesterday that the comments to Youtube videos are no longer displaying. I circular arrow just going round and round where comments would be displayed on the screen.
  20. Sorry, I was referring to the beer as the dangerous component, especially when handling nuclear materials. <g>
  21. Sadly it is frowned upon to mention competition software i've edited your post to reflect that rule
  22. I don't know if this is frowned upon, but as Recuva crashes and hasn't been updated in 6 years, I guess there might be more people that would find this helpful: I was able to recover almost all of my files using the competing product [competition software name]. I don't know if Recuva would have restored more, since it crashes while scanning, but it looks to me close to everything was recovered.
  23. One way to get the estimates out-of-whack is if something is configured to be cleaned twice. Such as something CCleaner cleans it by default, and then someone essentially duplicates the same thing in either Custom Files and Folders or winapp2.ini.
  24. ukbadge

Analyse v Cleans

Funny thing is, the one on my laptop is the free version and the one on my PC, which is the registered version, is the one with the problem.
  25. Good to hear it seems to be sorted for you. Many of the people in my town work, or have worked, in the nuclear industry. We've not blown up yet, but a reactor did catch fire 63 years ago. It's an interesting story if you don't know it, - people in PVC overalls and WW2 gas masks pushing uranium fuel rods out of the burning reactor with scaffolding poles: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/windscale-fire-britains-chernobyl-covered-15774677 More technical: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire We are still cleaning it up. (Not me personally). https://nda.blog.gov.uk/2019/10/10/sixty-two-years-on/
  26. He stated trying the Portable ZIP build and that didn't work, so I don't see how the Slim build will be any different. Might be worth looking through the Windows Event Viewer log to see if it has logged any errors for it.
  27. The issue seems to be fixed now. Thanks to you. BTW, nuclear and beer don't mix. It'll blow in your face! <g>
  28. If you use a temporary-containers style of browsing in firefox (new containers spawned and destroyed per-tab-tree if the initial url isn't pre configured to open in a specific container already) take care that they're not being retained I recently discovered that something had caused my multi-account containers to retain several hundred containers that were meant to be destroyed when their last tab had been closed. It was causing some severe overhead on startup and when opening new tabs until I removed them manually
  1. Load more activity