CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. My reading is 91C and if I change to Fahrenheit it reads 196F so it's not that the wrong scale is used. Speccy is apparently a bit crappy on the CPU temperature reading. All other temperature readings are ok. In my BIOS it reads about 40C. Seems to be a combo of Speccy and the Ryzen 7 2700X ??
  3. Hi, I am trying to restore a word document I deleted from my recycle bin. When I scan Local Disk (\\. \HarddiskVolume2), it gives the above error message. This is on my C drive, and where I expect my file to be. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  4. Today
  5. My rig just has an HDD, no SSD. But it doesn't take a genius to see your point makes sense.
  6. Today morning, I used a 3 pass option for 'Wipe Free Space' through C Cleaner software against an extra SATA disk (F:\). Once it was completed, I checked it with my EnCase forensics software, I created a snapshot of the ambient slack prior to the wipe and another following the wipe. The difference revealed that only 1/3 of the actual deleted data was un-reconstructable i.e. tough the all the deleted file names were visible but only 1/3rd could not be restored while the remaining 2/3rd of 'wiped' deleted files were fully recoverable and viewable within the EnCase gallery. I wonder if its worth paying for a software which doesn't complete the job entrusted it to do? Any views on your experiences on this and if any other software is available that could finish the job well?
  7. Win10 has issues with external/portable SSDs, safely remove them and plug them in a few minutes later and it doesn't remember having just optimized the SSD with Trim minutes earlier. They should fix or implement remembering that, and preferably keep the last date and time for the device/hardware ID optimization in the registry - or since they're so damned insistent on creating locked System Volume Information on every disk type they could store it in that locked folder.
  8. https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/5739-solution-when-ccleaner-wont-install-or-download-windows/
  9. Have you tried just doing a clean install of the latest after uninstalling what you have ? https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
  10. Sorry about that! Win 10 Pro x64 version 1909, windows Defender. I should know better than to half ass a support request at this point.
  11. os: win7 x64 a/v: bitdefender, turned off uac is turned off error opening file for writing: c:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe installer does install CCleaner64.exe if i chose ignore and continue install.
  12. Yesterday
  13. It's just a warning (from Safari probably) that the sites you are visiting may not be fully trusted. There could be may reasons why; The site may still be using http instead of https The sites security licence may be expired (or be due for renewal). there nay be something dodgy about an advertisment on that webpage. There may have been some 'infection' on that site in the past. and other reasons. They are just being careful and looking after you, sometimes they are too careful - but they are trying to look after people who don't know much about computers and computer scams. I use Malwarebytes Bowser Guard on Firefox and get 4 or 5 similar warnings everyday;. It depends what I am looking at - as a moderator of a few forums I probably see and visit more dodgy stuff than a 'normal' computer user would. In the end they are just warnings to say: 'that webpage/website has something unusal that we don't like and we think you should avoid it - but it's up to you to decide'. Of course the only way to decide is to go there and have a look for yourself. And that's up to you, if you are unsure then don't go there.
  14. Hello. I have a problem, every time when I use skype and at the same time use safari I get notified with messages about danger web-sites but they are not. What can be the problem? I ran a ccleaner and everything is ok.
  15. same problem as Roel1, 8gb card showing as 4gb in Speccy but correctly in gpu-z/cpu-z no fixes as of yet?
  16. Hi nukecad, Thanks for your help and assistance, will transfer them to cookies to keep to start and see how it goes.
  17. We have seen this before, but not for a while. Which version of Windows are you using? If I remember correctly then it can happen if you are using a low resolution or a magnification factor on your desktop, usually as part of Windows Accessibility options. Clicking on the Maximise button in the CCleaner window should fit it to your screen resolution so that you can access everything.
  18. Wjat Windows version? What antivirus do you use?
  19. If it's being removed after it has installed then that's usually being done by an Antivirus app. There are currently (at least) three AV's where if the AV is an old version it will remove the latest CCleaner versions. Updating from within the AV itself will not always cure the issue, you need to download the latest version from the AV's website. For example - Trend Micro 2018 and 2019 will both say that they are up to date but will remove newer CCleaner versions, Updating Trend Micro from their website to the 2020 version stops that happening. Which antivirus are you using?
  20. I kind of found a fix. https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds Download the portable no installer version and that works for me while I wait for a fix.
  21. Yes you could transfer them to cookies to keep, or make them an exclude in Options>Exclude. Either method will leave them alone and not display them when you analyze or clean with Custom Clean; but of course that means they are ignored and will not be cleaned. Note that those options only work if you are using Custom Clean. If you are using Health Check then it does it's own thing and doesn't follow your custom choices. Which can be used to advantage - If you ocassionally want to clean your 'Cookies to Keep' or 'Excludes' then running Health Check will usually clear them.
  22. That is simply an addition. If Firefox crashes then it will create a report and send it to mozilla so they can analyze why it crashed. CCleaner 5.67 has added an option to remove those crash reports. If you want to make sure that mozilla gets any crash report then leave it unticked. Maybe tick it a week after any Firefox crash, clean, then untick it again?.
  23. One workaround for older OSes (I'm not sure if it's Win8.1 specifically, although it has been recommended for Win7) is to instead download and install the Slim builds going forward (something to do with how the installer works now): https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds Also check your antivirus logs, not too long ago a couple of antivirus' wouldn't allow a new version due to false positives.
  24. For the last several months, everytime your program, which I have been using for over 10 years, tries to update, it uninstalls itself and disappears. I am running Windows 8.1 64 on a standard box and have the professional edition. Is there a workaround to this? Why is this happening only this year?
  25. Hi nukecad, Thanks for your reply and the link, which I found very interesting. I very rarely log in to my google account and I don't think I have any kind of google content pre-loading. The tiles on my start menu that are 'Live' are:- Calendar Weather Photos Microsoft Edge WiFi Analyzer Speedtest Skype Groove Music Microsoft Store OneNote for Windows 10 Microsoft News Money Film & TV Facebook Solitaire HP Touchpoint Manager Mail Can I just transfer the 4 Google Chrome Cookies listed to 'Cookies to Keep' in 'Options' > 'Cookies' or will this cause any problems?
  26. I've been trying to update my version of the app for a couple of months now I have the program installed on a secondary drive as opposed to C drive when I click on the install button after customizing I'm met with a white screen and nothing else, the program fails to install / fails to give any sort of error message I've relegated myself to using the portable version now, even though I have UAC disabled I still run the program as admin & have full access rights too all drives on this pc I'm at a loss on what could be causing this so I've come here for help.
  27. Follow up on last post...on reading the documentation it says the latest version has added "Crash Reports " for deletion...so does that mean it deletes these crash reports after they have been shown ..not do away with crash reporting ...I use Firefox...I know I'm not very bright
  1. Load more activity