CCleaner Community Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. What antivirus do you use? What windows version?
  3. Yesterday
  4. When I install 5.65 Ccleaner does not open
  5. sur android? ou sur PC? vous avez posté sur le forum Android. (On android? Or PC? You posted in the android forum.)
  6. Nergal

Recovery after defrag

You can try recuva, but I wouldn't hold my breath about saving them all. https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva I've moved this to the recuva board
  7. I ran ccleaner, and once that was complete I noticed that I had previously downloaded software in my Download folder. At that time, I deleted the files, emptied the trash bin, and then ran a Defrag. Once that was complete, I realized that I shouldn't have deleted the files in my Download folder. How can I restore them?
  8. Older versions can be found at file hippo on the right side https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
  9. I have the similar problem. I'm using just Windows Security on Windows 10. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: CCleaner64.exe Application Version: 5.65.0.7632 Application Timestamp: 5e7256e6 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.719 Fault Module Timestamp: 64d10ee0 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000000000007208 OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: f919 Additional Information 2: f9194314e5b76d064d770c199b676500 Additional Information 3: cd3a Additional Information 4: cd3aeba292040153aedcff06f3ab2f83 Extra information about the problem Bucket ID: 6e02bab0df6383cbc108ab0535c0650c (1227418937323
  10. Hello, i clicked on the update notification and now CCleaner crashes and won't start although i've been using it for years. I have an old Windows 7 system, running on an old pc (I had to go back to win 7 because some of my old software wouldn't start in windows 10). Is there a way to download an older version of CCleaner so it will run on my pc? Thanks for your help (sorry for my english, my first language is french)
  11. Hello, I wanted to permanently securely delete some files in hard drive, so I ran "Drive Wiper" in CCleaner with settings "Free Space Only", "Complex Overwrite (7 passes)", "Wipe MFT Free Space" with "Wipe Alternate Data Streams" and "Wipe Cluster Tips" check-boxes selected. It ran over night and successfully completed, when I ran Recuva with "Show Securely Overwritten files" and "Scan non-deleted files" options, it brought up files with ZZZ files (with status: Excellent and comment: No overwritten clusters detected.) and a bunch of non-deleted files (with status: Non-deleted with comment: No overwritten clusters detected.). I have two questions. 1. Are ZZZ files securely deleted and unrecoverable? Why status is showing "Excellent" in Recuva? When I downloaded them, they are 1 kb files and doesn't show any contents. 2. Why files are still showing as "Not Deleted" in Recuva, when right-clicked the "Secure Overwrite" option is grayed out, when I downloaded them, they successfully downloaded and I could open the files and see the contents. I would want to delete these files, please help me how could I securely delete these non-deleted files? I have a few screenshots attached here for the CCleaner settings and Recuva results showing ZZZ and Non-deleted files. Your quick response would be appreciated. Thanks.
  12. Sandra, your solution did not work. I had to reinstall my Office Pro 2016 again. Jerry
  13. I think 3) should be: 3) Navigate to: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\ However, the question remains why this only occurs with a few Office users. I also have these files in the Temp folder, but I can delete them without any problems. My Office 2016 has never been affected by CCleaner. By the way, there is unfortunately still no official answer here either:
  14. Thanks for testing and your reply. Here the revised entry: [Process Hacker *] LangSecRef=3024 DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Process Hacker Default=False FileKey1=%AppData%\Process Hacker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Process Hacker|processhacker-setup.exe LibreOffice now seems to omit the version number in the folder name, so I modified the entry: [LibreOffice *] LangSecRef=3021 Detect=HKLM\Software\LibreOffice Default=False FileKey1=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\cache|*.log FileKey2=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\backup|*.* FileKey3=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\extensions\shared|log.* FileKey4=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\temp|*.* FileKey5=%AppData%\LibreOffice\*\User\uno_packages\cache|log.* FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\LibreOffice*\program_old*|*.*|REMOVESELF
  15. Hi there, thanks for reaching out to our community. Please try to register again making sure that all the details are copied and pasted in as explained above by Nergal. If that doesn't work, please reach out to support@ccleaner.com and our team will be able to assist.
  16. Hi, thanks for sharing. I have shared this with our product team who will review the comments and will be in touch with any questions.
  17. Hi Jerry, thanks for reaching out to our community. We suspect this may be attributed to CCleaner's removal of the OProcSessId.dat Office related file, which is (erroneously?) being stored inside of the Windows Temp folder. Specifically, we've had other customers report the same exact problem with Office, and after excluding this file from CCleaner in order to prevent it from being removed, the problem disappeared. Would you be willing to exclude this file as well, using the following steps? 1. (If needed) Reinstate Microsoft Office so it is functional again Open CCleaner > click Options > Exclude 2) Click Add > Drive or folder > Browse 3) Navigate to: C:\Users\herbe\AppData\Local\ 4) Click on the "Temp" folder > click OK 5) Select "File Types" and type: *.dat 6)Click OK Once excluded, please use CCleaner again and afterwards, please verify if the Microsoft Office products are working, or not. Additionally, I would be greatly appreciative if you inform me whether or not this works because if this is the cause of the problem, I'll want to make sure our development team is aware of this issue as well.
  18. Please stick to one thread Your other thread is here
  19. What the f*** I need to save autolaunch programs to the TXT if I CAN'T LOAD IT?!! I have standard windows programs for doing as dreary actions as manually restoring autolaunch programs like it was
  20. Nergal

nne

Moved to ccleaner android board
  21. i can open the file recovered , ppt o excel, I nedd help!! I deletes all my file of my job and tray to use recuva, . it finds some files, but unfortunatly I can't open. ppt or excel. I can see the the size of the file. but when i try to open say thaht it's impossible.. Please a nedd help.
  22. I just paid playstore €6.99 for a better version of ccleaner.I have received a notification from Paypal saying I paid but I haven't got a code to upgrade, what can I do please?
  23. Yes, the folder is located there and I guess it too! I've deleted whole folder with it's content and everything works like normal. No issues. Haven't seen any other file/folder in this "Cache" folder. I've found another unneeded crap on my PC. These are coming from LibreOffice. A folder named program_old0 and program_old located in C:\Program Files\LibreOffice. I don't know what are they for but I've deleted them both and everything runs just fine. I guess they're some rest files from updating the application since there's another "program" folder in C:\Program Files\LibreOffice which contains exactly the same but newer created files. Both program_old folders occupied total of 50MB space on disk.
  24. I just paid playstore €6.99 for a better version of ccleaner.I have received a notification from Paypal saying I paid but I haven't got a code to upgrade, what can I do please?
  25. Pro users do not need to use the Free version. They can simply disable automatic updates in the Updates menu and continue to use all other paid features on v5.64 while we investigate this.
  26. I updated McAfee and reinstalled CCleaner successfully. Thanks for your help. Before installing CCleaner my laptop was dreadfully slow so I wouldn't want to be without it.
  1. Load more activity