Windows 7 SP1

TeeJay3800

No update from Windows Update for me as of yet.

Hmm, that's strange. It was made available on Windows Update at 1:00 PM EST and it appeared for me there when I checked at 1:06. I'm not sure why it would appear for some people but not others. Maybe it's your edition of 7?

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• Moderators

I saw it on a x64 (Home Premium) I am fixing, so I refreshed my machine and it's there for me too (Ultimate x86).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

When I forced my Windows Update to look for new updates SP1 was there with a few others. Had to download the others first. When I tried the SP1 it hung & failed after 18% finished. Several times. Their servers are maxed out. So I went to the MS download site WU named as an alternative. Got it there, took an hour to DL & install. Tried WU again, it went through the motions, after hanging at 19% it must've realized I already had it and said the DL succeeded. It didn't re-install it. I'm good to go. B)

When I forced my Windows Update to look for new updates SP1 was there with a few others. Had to download the others first. When I tried the SP1 it hung & failed after 18% finished. Several times. Their servers are maxed out. So I went to the MS download site WU named as an alternative. Got it there, took an hour to DL & install. Tried WU again, it went through the motions, after hanging at 19% it must've realized I already had it and said the DL succeeded. It didn't re-install it. I'm good to go. B)

Yeah, I had to go and make Windows Update actually check for updates before it showed up. Also had a bunch of other updates there that it never alerted me about. :mellow:

Meh, I've been stuck at 31% download in Windows Update for about 10 minutes now.

Oh my goodness, now I'm at 32%. What an accomplishment! <_<

I downloaded it through Windows Update literally minutes after it was released and had no trouble downloading it. However, after I hit restart, it went to the shutdown screen and said "configuring the service pack" and then said "shutting down." It then froze on shutting down. I let it sit for half hour, but eventually had to turn it off and back on manually. I thought it was messed up, but when it booted, it resumed where it left off and later said the service pack had been successfully installed. So apparently it installed fine, but not without a little hiccup. Typical Microsoft. :rolleyes:

Dell Latitude D600

follow_me-c.png

I downloaded it through Windows Update literally minutes after it was released and had no trouble downloading it. However, after I hit restart, it went to the shutdown screen and said "configuring the service pack" and then said "shutting down." It then froze on shutting down. I let it sit for half hour, but eventually had to turn it off and back on manually. I thought it was messed up, but when it booted, it resumed where it left off and later said the service pack had been successfully installed. So apparently it installed fine, but not without a little hiccup. Typical Microsoft. :rolleyes:

Surprisingly enough, I didn't have to stop the download and restart it. However by the time it finished, it took nearly an hour. :blink: Then everything else went smoothly enough, and SP1 was installed.

Surprisingly enough, I didn't have to stop the download and restart it. However by the time it finished, it took nearly an hour. :blink: Then everything else went smoothly enough, and SP1 was installed.

Glad it went well for you. I didn't actually have any problems with the download, it froze during the shutdown process.

I know that SP1 includes all security updates released until now, but what about enhancements and feature additions? Nothing that I can see so far. :huh:

Dell Latitude D600

follow_me-c.png

Glad it went well for you. I didn't actually have any problems with the download, it froze during the shutdown process.

I know that SP1 includes all security updates released until now, but what about enhancements and feature additions? Nothing that I can see so far. :huh:

It's only bug fixes. There are no new features or anything like that. However, there are 2 new features in the SP1 for the server edition of Windows.

"Microsoft released about 88 updates to Windows Update for Windows 7. The service pack includes 625 updates total so as you can see there are tons more updates and fixes that are included that was never released to Windows Update. So if all you've been doing is keeping your system updated via that way then there's plenty to be had with SP1." - A comment from Neowin.net

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

TOP TIP OF THE DAY....

Make sure if it's a win7 laptop that the power cable is plugged in (meaning you are not just running on battery power)

How do I know this? Well because I had full battery and went ahead, after downloading the Service Pack it wouldn't install it giving error 800F0829

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-800f0829

So I tried again and Windows threw up more errors (it other words it threw its teddy bear out of the pram)

After various attempts I shut it down and went out. Came back restarted clicked on this and that shouted a bit but no, it still wouldn't. So I gave up and set it downloading again and when I come back it said it was installing the download which it said earlier it hadn't got :blink:

Now its all installed and everytime I close my eyes I see the word Configuring :lol:

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Another tip......

I encountered a 80070005 error during the install of SP1. On the third attempt, I logged in as Administrator and did the upgrade from that User Account. The upgrade then performed flawlessly. My best guess is either my regular account didn't have all the right administrator privledges or some gadget / add-on I was running under that account with causing the abort.

• Moderators

Hazel so wait is the tip "shout at your machine and the install will work" ;)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I had no problems, quick 5 minute install. :-)

No way have you downloaded and installed SP1 in 5 minutes. You were joking I guess?

Unless you got the 3 or 4 updates that some seem to have gotten first and thought they were it.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com