No progress but 22 days and counting

northridge

Running a deep scan for pictures on a 2 year old laptop, and after 4 days the progress counter has stopped at 9% but the time left continues and is currently at 23 days.

I would like to know whether, once the time left has stabilised, whether that be tomorrow or next month, the actual scan will resume from its stopped/paused state or will it be unlikely to resume due to the size of the task ahead?

Im not asking whether its "worth doing" but whether the program will actually finish a task of this size and produce the results.

Many thanks

You are a patient person. !!

Good of you to post that.

I hope others see it so that they won't be put off by the predicted delay.

FWIW, I have never met an application that gets time just right.

Have just run a backup and the predicted time was 3 days....took 40 minutes. :D

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I too encountered the same thing. I had one of my WD external hdd failing, and now I have to recover the whole disk on 1,5 TB. It was slow to start with, but suddenly it went faster. Now though, it have been stuck at 83% for 3 days, and I am afraid it can't go any further. Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do now? If I abort, will I be able to recover what it has found, or will it just abort without showing any files to recover? The program has been running for a week now. The program is great. I got the feeling that it's the disk that stops recuvca from getting any further..

I am glad that my adventures have helped some folk.

Q-dos: if the stuff is important than I would persist: if you got to 83% in 3 days you are doing fine: I was stuck at 9% for 5 days then it suddenly finished.

However, I must raise a serious caveat here and would like to hear an official answer.

After completing the scan the results were considerably smaller than I had expected - based on the time taken and the expected amount of junk - and here?s the thing:

I had previously aborted two scans after the scan had apparently stopped at 9% and the "time remaining" showed 3 or more days: I really didnt think I wanted to wait that long. I became familiar with the files that showed after the two aborts.

After finally finishing a scan I was surprised to see only a few more files than I had previously recovered - there was about 10% more, if that.

So my question is - does Recuva "look up" previous scans/attempts (sorta like like going to a temp file or a cookie) and use that, or does a scan start completely fresh with no reference whatsoever to previous attempts or files previously found?

Thanks.

No answer on this?

"So my question is - does Recuva "look up" previous scans/attempts (sorta like like going to a temp file or a cookie) and use that, or does a scan start completely fresh with no reference whatsoever to previous attempts or files previously found?"