Wrong Diskette is in the drive?

Freeman

Hi folks,

Trying to Recuva my moms memory card for her camera that she formatted by accident. Its picked up all the files, but when I go to recover them it says....

The wrong diskette is in the drive.Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1.

It says this for all 305 files

Im trying to recover to my HDD

Please help, shes getting quite upset! :-O

The wrong diskette is in the drive.Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1.

You really haven't provided enough info to really describe the problem.

First... as long as you don't reuse the memory card that was formatted, you have all the time in the world to work on it. So there's no need to panic. If something is there that can be recovered... either Recuva or some other software can do it.

Second... your errors don't make sense unless you're trying to recover to floppies... and they had a mere 1.4meg capacity. The average photo from a 10megapixel camera might be twice that. Are you sure the recovered files are being saved to a real hard drive?

• 2 years later...

Does anybody know what the solution is for this question. I'm running version 1.46.919. I have a verbatim Store N Go 16GB.

The Partition became RAW somehow and couldn't be recoverd by testdisk. After formating the drive, it became accesible again.

I scanned the drive with Recuva 1.46.919. It resulted in 753 discovered files. All with state Excellent and comment No overwritten clusters detected.

When trying to recover the files to a folder on my harddrive i got the error mentioned above.

I'm running a fully patched windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

• Moderators

Hi flederflick, and welcome to the forum.

As far as I can see, the issue has never been successfully resolved on this forum, and here is a list via google of all the instances I can find of the problem being posted.

"The wrong diskette is in the drive": (Piriform)

It seems to be a common, although unusual issue, and there are a great many hits for it on google ...

Google Search "The wrong diskette....."

Unless any of the other guys knows something I don't, then all I can suggest is hitting google and see if you can find a solution.

I will say though, that the same terms appear in many of the supposed fixes ie ...

Cluster Verification

Clearing the Persistent Reservations for the LUNs assigned to the cluster nodes at the SAN controller level

And a quote from one of the google generated links ...

Clearing the Persistent Reservations allowed the previously failing CVR to succeed from where I could then build the cluster knowing Microsoft would happily support it.

So in the end, the actual error had nothing to do with floppy disks. Instead, as a Google search will show, the Win32 API used and the error message raised date back to when that was the most likely cause of the failure obviously being trapped.

http://gavinpayneuk....d-floppy-disks/

This may mean as little to you as it does to me, but unfortunately it appears to be a Windows problem, and I don't have anything else to suggest. Hopefully one of my associates may have.

Hope that helps.

:)